ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finding a job with Certificate of Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

emerde
Newly Registered

Finding a job with Certificate of Application

Post by emerde » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:51 pm

Hi everyone

I have applied for a derivative residence permit in June, they sent me a COA with right to work in September, got my national insurance number too, did not get my passport back yet, still with HO, but I am having trouble finding a permanent position. When they ask for identity the CoA just does not help or agencies do not take your application forward. Even a full UK drivers license doesn't do the trick, they want to see the BRP.

Anyone who has experienced this? Need some help and advice as this is a bit frustrating and I hate to sit at home without doing anything.

Appreciate a quick response.

noajthan

Re: Finding a job with Certificate of Application

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:53 pm

Start own business?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:03 pm

It is a bit of a challenge getting a Job with the COA. Most people will have their ID with Home Office, and some employer will be concerned that they will be in mess if a residence card is later refused.

Keep trying, and hopefully the right one will come.

If things are really tough and you have a British Children, you could approach the local authority, as they will be able to assist under the Children's act, with support or accommodation.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

emerde
Newly Registered

Post by emerde » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:15 am

Thanks a lot guys for the response.

I have started a small business on my own, but takes time to set things up, hate staying home and not doing anything productive. I hope that the application gets sorted asap, cause i really need to get the right job. Are there options for temp jobs or stuff around in the UK, where I could get in atleast for the short term?

I have a kid that was born recently while my application was in process and I received the COA after that, although we have sent the child's details to the HO, I was wondering if at all the child would be granted British citizenship, after we got the BRP as my dad is a british citizen.

alexia
Newly Registered

Post by alexia » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:45 pm

Hello, :D

I just wanted to tell you that I am living proof that you can find a job with COA. I got my COA letter at the beginning of November 2016, and after 2.5 weeks I started working temporary job in retail for 3 months now. It was challenging to find employment without any passport, BRP etc.and you have competition from a lot of people that have already all the documents ready etc. so it is hard but not impossible. Just keep trying and pushing :D By the way, great for you for starting your own company plus with a little baby at home, really one big Bravo! :D

spring_breeze
Newly Registered

Post by spring_breeze » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:59 am

Hello! Asking you guys for help... we have received the coa for my non eu husband. But... how do we approach this job issue now? Doesn't he need a Nino? The problem is that his passport is stiil with the HO. Could we ask for it back so we can apply for Nino? Or, more importantly, will we manage to get a Nino for him just have this Coa? As for the bank account... he would need to provide a Nino and the original passport...so, I am in a pickle and don't know how to proceed... and for Alexia... what did the employer ask you for, documents wise? Thank you!!