ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa for (Non EU wants to live with Irish citizen)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ebony41
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa for (Non EU wants to live with Irish citizen)

Post by ebony41 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:16 am

Hello everyone,
I'm non eu living in England, wanna move to Ireland to be with my Irish boyfriend!
I wanna go live with him and we are not married .....planning to live together first and marry
in the future
What s the best visa I can apply or how do I go about it?

Can he apply for EU treaty right( eu Directive without leaving Ireland himself, he is Irish Citizen ( does one need to leave the country to use the Surinder Singh route) ? sorry dunno how it works( just asking for future purposes)

Any answers/ help is welcome

Thnk you

noajthan

Re: Spouse Visa for( NON EU WANTS TO LIVE WITH IRISH CITIZEN

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:20 am

ebony41 wrote:Hello everyone,
I'm non eu living in England, wanna move to Ireland to be with my Irish boyfriend!
I wanna go live with him and we are not married .....planning to live together first and marry
in the future
What s the best visa I can apply or how do I go about it?

Can he apply for EU treaty right( eu Directive without leaving Ireland himself, he is Irish Citizen ( does one need to leave the country to use the Surinder Singh route) ? sorry dunno how it works( just asking for future purposes)

Any answers/ help is welcome

Thnk you
An Irish citizen living in Eire cannot invoke free movement rights (if he hasn't moved anywhere else in EU).

Domestic visa route for you.
Check INIS.

Best get married - otherwise spouse visa won't apply.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.