ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit, we are really stuck, please advice

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

noajthan

Re: EEA Family Permit, we are really stuck, please advice

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:29 pm

imbik wrote:
imbik wrote:7) QP for sponsor: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... orm-eea-qp

FM for dependents: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... orm-eea-fm
I have red the guidance for each form. It says we can use the second form (FM for dependents) for both Registration certificate and residence card applications. But QP form also says it is for registration certificate.

What is the point of issuing two forms for the same purpose and what would you prefer?

Sorry for inconvenience again.
They are not the same. There is method to the madness.

QP form is for the EEA qualified person only.
If wife is Union citizen and sponsor she should use that one.
She will get a certificate.

The FM form is for all the sponsor's family dependents.
Dependents will get a card.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

imbik
Mood:
Turkey

Post by imbik » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:25 am

I got it, we will find a job (somehow) and then after working for 3 months we will apply for registration certificate and residence cards at the same time using the appropriate forms you mentioned.

Before anything else, we will need to find a house that is one of the unclear subjects for immigrants. It seems it is not easy to create a trust relationship between a landlord and unknown tenants who don't have anything except passports. I hope having a 20 years of marriage and 2 children makes easier the process.

By the way, I have reached some info about the NI. Instead of applying ourselves there are some assistant agencies (like xxxxx) that claim they can speed up the processing time in exchange for 30 pounds (I don't know how). Has anyone had any experience with them? Are they legal and reliable?

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:45 am

imbik wrote:I got it, we will find a job (somehow) and then after working for 3 months we will apply for registration certificate and residence cards at the same time using the appropriate forms you mentioned.

Before anything else, we will need to find a house that is one of the unclear subjects for immigrants. It seems it is not easy to create a trust relationship between a landlord and unknown tenants who don't have anything except passports. I hope having a 20 years of marriage and 2 children makes easier the process.

By the way, I have reached some info about the NI. Instead of applying ourselves there are some assistant agencies (like xxxxx) that claim they can speed up the processing time in exchange for 30 pounds (I don't know how). Has anyone had any experience with them? Are they legal and reliable?

Thanks
Renting a house is out of scope for the forum but who would not want to rent to a respectable, well-established family. Good luck.

You do not need an agent to register for NI.
Noone can speed this up or make it easier. And it is very straightforward.
I strongly recommend you save your £30 and do it all yourself.

imbik
Mood:
Turkey

Post by imbik » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:21 pm

imbik wrote:Applying for spouse and 2 children ( under 21 ) was a tough but informative experience, so I can share any info with people who is in our situation. By the way, I will write all the steps we have taken when it is ready.
I finally managed to finish it and want to share as I promised last week.

EEA_1 FAMILY PERMIT APPLICATION PROCESS FOR A FAMILY WITH CHILDREN

Here is the whole process we have gone through;
I and my wife have been married for 20 years and have two children (17 and 9). My wife is an EEA national (BG), I and the children are non EEA nationals (TR). We are currently living in Turkey.

In August 2016, instead of researching in Turkey, I sent my wife to the UK in order to get some info from a lawyer about family visas (at the time we didn’t have any idea about the EEA FP). The lawyer told my wife that she needed to stay in the UK for at least 6 months and to have enough salary (equal to 18.600 pounds per year) before she applies for us. We later learned that it was for UK citizens but it cost us 2 months to figure it out. Anyway, I started my own research in October 2016 and found some consulting firms in Turkey, and then I visited one of them. They said that it is called EEA FP and my wife would need to stay in the UK till she receives one payslip at least, then she could apply for us. I reached to two other firms and they all said the similar things and requested around 1000 pounds for the application (which is good money in Turkey).
After reading the official guidance in the GOV.UK I realized that we can apply for EEA FP all together before my wife goes to the UK. On 13 November 2016 I found this priceless forum and another Turkish one. Both encouraged me and we applied ourselves on 13 December 2016.

Main and supporting documents we collected;
1- Printed, named, dated and signed application form for each non-EU national
2- Original Turkish marriage certificate and a copy of it ( no translation, moreover we don’t have anything from BG)
3- All non EU TR passports (including old ones)
4- An ordinary copy of BG passport and ID card (they didn’t accept the original ones)
5- Declaration letter from the EU national
6- Marriage document (called form B in Turkey) from civil registry (Apostilled and then translated)
7- Relationship photos in MS office word (2 for each page, in order )
8- Birth certificate and declaration from the hospital for each child (translated)
9- A copy of certificate of consent for children to have a passport and travel alone (translated)
10- My civil index report showing all family members from civil registry (Apostilled and then translated)
11- My payslips for the last 3 months, statement of employment and a letter from my company
12- My criminal record (translated)
13- Student certificate from the school for each child (translated)
14- EU national’s bank account and activity for last 3 months
15- Flight tickets
16- Address statement from local authority for the family

ONLINE APPLICATION;
You will need to apply for an EEA Family Permit for each non EU family member (at any age), so one for you and one each for your children. Once you register an account with Visa4UK then you should click on 'Apply for Myself' and complete the details. The type of visa you want is 'Other->EEA/Swiss Family Member->Family Member of an EEA National'. That should create an electronic application form for you to complete online which you then print once completed. Repeat the same process for your children (if necessary) but select 'Apply for Someone Else' at the beginning. You will get informing e-mails for your registration and application.

1- Using small or capital letters makes no difference (it will change them all to capital letters)
2- How long do you intend to stay in the UK? 6 months, permanently or indefinite, at the end you will get 6 months EEA_1 FP, just be honest.
3- We stated that we would stay at our friend’s house; you can find a hotel instead.
4- Write N/A for financial questions about EU national (if he/she is living with you in home country, if she/he is already in the UK for more than 3 months, should be a qualified person)
5- You can confirm whatever you write then go back, edit or save. But if you submit, can’t edit anymore.
6- After finishing the online form save it as pdf. and transfer it to a flash memory.
7- Print the form, add your name and date it, and then sign as needed. Be sure that the bar code on the form should be visible (if not, change your printer properties). If your children under 21, put both parent’s name and signature. (while filling the online form use EU national's name for your children under 21)
8- There is no fee for EEA FP, moreover if you choose the correct online form it will not ask you to pay a fee.

TLSCONTACT APPLICATION;
Register an account with TLScontact (in your country) using your e-mail address. Select the application type as ‘’other’’, enter your GWF number (on your printed application form) and determine the appropriate appointment date / hour (it will show you the available times). Do it for each non EU national without losing time as you need the appointments to be in the same date / hour. When you try to arrange more than 1 appointment, it will ask you to group them, so you say ‘’yes’’. Print all appointment forms as they may ask at the entrance. They will inform you every step of your application by e-mail regularly.

Bring all documents together and group them as individuals. Even you are a family, each application is evaluated separately. If you don’t staple or clip on, they probably will do it in TLScontact. Be there at least an hour earlier than your appointment time. Deliver your documents and wait for your fingerprints and photos to be taken. Don’t forget to sign digitally by pen after that. Anyone 16 or older should sign it him/her self, otherwise also sign on behalf of your children. Before you leave inform them how you will take back your passports and other documents. (Yourself or cargo package to your address). If you choose yourself or someone else apart from you, don’t forget to fill the relevant form (for each person) and bring it with you for passport return.

For our family;
Online application: 13 December 2016
Document delivery to TLScontact: 20 December 2016
Passports and documents return: 05 January 2017

DECLARATION LETTER;
This is something really important (especially if you are a family like us). EU national should explain the whole situation using short sentences. When and how your relationship began and how is it going for today. State your togetherness, generally explain your plans in the UK and kindly ask for EEA FP giving reference from Directive 2004/38/EC.

Sample Paragraphs;
1- Application: EEA Family Permit .......................
Subject: A declaration letter from EU national ........................
Reference: Directive 2004/38/EC .......................
2- Introduce your family (names, nationalities, passport numbers, etc.)
3- Write about your relationship /marriage and children’s births
4- Point to your flight to the UK as a whole family, explain where you will be staying.
5- Tell them you have a clear understanding of Directive 2004/38/EC (particularly article 6) and kindly ask ECO to issue EEA FP for each non EU national.
6- Declare that each info in your letter is true. Name, date and sign it.
7- Add a list of supporting documents

Ok, that is all. There may be some differences between countries, but more or less should be a similar process. By the way, I never claim that all our supporting documents are needed or this is how it goes. Moreover, please be aware that being a family is slightly different than being just a couple.

I kindly ask the moderators to make up the deficiencies and to correct any mistake I may have made.

Have a great evening

imbik
Mood:
Turkey

Post by imbik » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:20 pm

Hi noajthan,

Have a good day

I have red some comments about applying for a NINO. It seems, we first need to call 0345 600 ... But some points are not clear for me;

1- They probably will ask '' why do I need a NINO?'' I will say ''I found a job'', what if I haven't yet?
2- My son will have the same situation as he is 17. What can I say for him?
3- I have also reached to this information;
After the phone conversation, necessary forms will be posted to our address. Afterwards, my wife (EU national) will go to a job center for interview, but I and my son (non EU nationals) will fill the forms and then send them back to the office. Eventually we all will wait for letters with NINO. What is your valuable opinion about?

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:30 pm

imbik wrote:Hi noajthan,

Have a good day

I have red some comments about applying for a NINO. It seems, we first need to call 0345 600 ... But some points are not clear for me;

1- They probably will ask '' why do I need a NINO?'' I will say ''I found a job'', what if I haven't yet?
2- My son will have the same situation as he is 17. What can I say for him?
3- I have also reached to this information;
After the phone conversation, necessary forms will be posted to our address. Afterwards, my wife (EU national) will go to a job center for interview, but I and my son (non EU nationals) will fill the forms and then send them back to the office. Eventually we all will wait for letters with NINO. What is your valuable opinion about?

Thanks
1) "To facilitate jobsearch".

2) Ditto. Or he can speak for himself.

3) Yes there is an interview - for the recipient/s of NINO.
All quite civilised and painless; my wife has done this too.

imbik
Mood:
Turkey

Re: Finding a job with Certificate of Application

Post by imbik » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:33 pm

Obie wrote:t is a bit of a challenge getting a Job with the COA. Most people will have their ID with Home Office, and some employer will be concerned that they will be in mess if a residence card is later refused.
Issuing a permit to non EU nationals just for 6 months and leave them to their fate is unarguably an unfair and humiliating implementation. Sorry but I will not be humble about it.

2 weeks later we will be in the UK as a family (EEA FP). Now, my EU national wife needs to find a job somehow (with no English and experience) otherwise we can't stay in the UK after 6 months. On the other hand, I as a non EU national have been supporting the whole family for the last 2 decades and have tremendous international experience that even most of the UK companies in my field have never heard or seen.

So what is my chance of getting a job in a corporate company in the UK thanks to 6 months of permit and an ordinary passport? it is ''0'', even if I tell them that I have invented the modern age. Why, because I can't prove that I will get a RC for sure. The best thing I can do is to become a waiter or a pizza deliverer (by the way I respect them so much) till I get a RC.

Meanwhile, if we are lucky, my wife will find an ordinary job with 1000 pounds per month. We will apply for EEA_2 and they will refuse us as my wife's salary is not sufficient for a family. Moreover, we probably will have spent all accumulated money. I even don't mention about our children's situation, getting a bank account, renting a house, etc.

Sorry but, EEA family route is not fair at all. However do I give up? You are funny man, just funny. I am coming to the UK for my children's future and ''to give up'' is not in my dictionary.

Noajthan, moving this comment to my thread or leaving it here makes no difference

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:11 am

Posts merged to put into context.
(Hint hint).

noajthan

Re: Finding a job with Certificate of Application

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:34 am

imbik wrote:Issuing a permit to non EU nationals just for 6 months and leave them to their fate is unarguably an unfair and humiliating implementation. Sorry but I will not be humble about it.

2 weeks later we will be in the UK as a family (EEA FP). Now, my EU national wife needs to find a job somehow (with no English and experience) otherwise we can't stay in the UK after 6 months. On the other hand, I as a non EU national have been supporting the whole family for the last 2 decades and have tremendous international experience that even most of the UK companies in my field have never heard or seen.

So what is my chance of getting a job in a corporate company in the UK thanks to 6 months of permit and an ordinary passport? it is ''0'', even if I tell them that I have invented the modern age. Why, because I can't prove that I will get a RC for sure. The best thing I can do is to become a waiter or a pizza deliverer (by the way I respect them so much) till I get a RC.

Meanwhile, if we are lucky, my wife will find an ordinary job with 1000 pounds per month. We will apply for EEA_2 and they will refuse us as my wife's salary is not sufficient for a family. Moreover, we probably will have spent all accumulated money. I even don't mention about our children's situation, getting a bank account, renting a house, etc.

Sorry but, EEA family route is not fair at all. However do I give up? You are funny man, just funny. I am coming to the UK for my children's future and ''to give up'' is not in my dictionary.

Noajthan, moving this comment to my thread or leaving it here makes no difference

Thanks
The 6 months FP is actually a bonus from UK plc;
most Schengen visas would be for only 90 days (eg type C).
Not sure you will have found a better initial deal when canvassing for candidate EU hosts.

Ofcourse your wife does have to be exercising treaty rights, one way or another, after the EU grace period of 90 days as the FP does not cover her.

That's the free movement deal and you must have known that before you committed to move; after all its more about economic activity rather than simple residence;
presumably that was factored into your SWOT and cost-benefit analyses (?).

Once you have filed biometrics and wife is a qualified person then any employer worth her salt will be aware she can run an ECS on you.
Presumably you have contacts lined up and irons in the fire.

And remember your wife does not have to work;
perhaps she would like to enrol at an adult education college and study English and/or ??.

Thus you may finance the family via your chosen career path;
to ensure residence in UK, simply put CSI in place for all, your wife will then be a selfsufficient qualified person.
Surely a win-win situation.
Good luck.

imbik
Mood:
Turkey

Post by imbik » Tue May 02, 2017 6:54 am

Hello everyone,

We have come a long way since we entered the UK 2 months ago. We have almost all documents to apply for EEA2 like; accommodation contract, bills (electric, gas, water, internet, tv, council tax), joined bank account, NHS registration (for each), NINOs (I, my wife and our son), schools, etc. by the way I (non EU citizen) am working in a company and getting payslips.The only problem we had was finding a job for my EU citizen wife (with no English and no technical background), after all we have found a job for her last week.

Before applying I will need advice regarding 3 unrelated questions, thanks in advance;

1- We have 45 days to apply for EEA2 (EEA_FMs and EEA_QP at the same time) but my wife will probably have only 1 payslip and bank statement. Does it make sense to send to Home office the subsequent payslips after the application as we receive them?
2- We (I, my wife and our son) want to apply for provisional licence before EEA2 application but it says we should have lived min 185 days in the UK. I read about many people that didn't wait that long. Please share your valuable advice about ?
3- My wife is Bulgarian and my two children will be Bulgarian citizens early next year (around the same month we will get RCs and RP, if we are successful). Do they have to stay as non EU citizens or switch to EU citizenship?

Regards

imbik
Mood:
Turkey

Post by imbik » Mon May 22, 2017 6:12 pm

Hi again, quick question, couldn't understand the following;

''Your wage slips, and/or Your bank statements showing receipt of your wages.The evidence should cover at least the last three months before the date of your application. If you’ve been working for the employer for less than three months, the evidence should cover the entire period of employment''

We entered the UK 3 month ago with the whole family. My EU national wife got NINO 1 month ago and found a job finally. We have only 30 days left to apply for EEA(FM) and EEA(QP) but she will have only 1 monthly payslip.

Could you please help me

imbik
Mood:
Turkey

Post by imbik » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:05 pm

Hello again,

Next week we will apply for EEA(QP) and EEA(FM) at the same time. My EU national wife finally started to work actually in 2 jobs but I could not be sure if we should mention about both.

The first job, she has got; Payslip for 24 hours/week, bank statement and employer letter
The second job, she has got; Payslip for 16 hours/week and nothing else

We will share the documents for the first job but do we have to mention about the second one?
If we don't, can Home office realize and ask about it? because yesterday we received a letter from HM Revenue & Customs about income tax and tax codes where both employers are listed.

Please share your opinion, we have been married for 20 years with 2 children and have all the documents ready but don't want to do something wrong.
Thanks in advance

imbik
Mood:
Turkey

Post by imbik » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:59 pm

Hi there, Do I have to fill section 6 descendant (child or grandchild) aged under 21 for our non-EU children in EEA(FM) form? My understanding says no, it seems that it is for some other children whom either father or mother is someone else.
Moreover there are at least 3 different sections where they ask questions about children (e.g. section 3) and I have already filled all of them.

thanks in advance

imbik
Mood:
Turkey

Post by imbik » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:16 pm

Hello again,

I have sent our EEA(QP) + EEA(FM) application documents to;

Home Office – EEA applications PO Box 590 Durham DH99 1AD but when I track my mail it says;

it is delivered to DURHAM PDO which is Durham passport Office, is something wrong or are they the same department?

Thanks