ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant extension premiun service

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

priyesh199
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependant extension premiun service

Post by priyesh199 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:22 pm

My husband is on tier 1 general, and is applying for ilr on 1st feb in premium appointment. Im in uk on tier 1 dependent and have completed 2.5 year in uk. I'm applying for visa extension on same day in premium service appointment. Our solicitor asked me to apply in flr (m) so we booked for me in same visa category, in which my 5 year period will reset. But we just realized i could have applied as tier 1 dependent extension.. can someone please guide us what can we do now.
If we Cancel the permium appointment do we get the money back.

Casa

Re: Tier 1 Dependant extension premiun service

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:51 pm

Is your husband applying for ILR under the 5 years or the 10 year long residence route :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

priyesh199
Newly Registered

Post by priyesh199 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:12 pm

He is applying ILR under 5 years.
If we cancel my premium appointment and my husband applies through premium service. will i be able to apply for Tier 1 Dependant through post.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:28 pm

priyesh199 wrote:He is applying ILR under 5 years.
If we cancel my premium appointment and my husband applies through premium service. will i be able to apply for Tier 1 Dependant through post.
Yes.
It would be mistake to switch to FLR(M) as apart from not being necessary, as you've already figured out on your own (without the misguided advice of the Solicitor), it would reset your immigration clock to zero. I hope that the solicitor didn''t charge you for this :!:

Alternatively, if there's a slot available you could re-book your appointment for FLR(M) a couple of hours after your husband.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:42 pm

If you have your own appointment separately to your husband (as it should be), complete the tier1 deposit form and mention at the centre that you had made an error and rwalised too late to change the appointment. Others have done this and been successful.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.