ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Irish spouse living in UK

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

go_head
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Citizenship Irish spouse living in UK

Post by go_head » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:43 pm

hello every body hope i get any advice
i am non eu family member of Irish wife married in 2011 living in UK with residence card since 2014 ,
in 2012 we were in Dublin living as married couple and i applied for stamp 4 and received for one year validity renewable after 1 year , unfortunately , couldn't since chance of job , so we decided to move to England in 2012 December , here in England we working since that time and my stamp 4 expired while we are here and have two kids with Irish passport , i visited Dublin last couple of weeks for two days and had no visa they didn't stopped me . my inquiry is am i eligible for apply for Irish citizenship or not as i am not living in ireland , but we living together as family with kids and wife and working together .
thanks in advance for any advice

crisbella218
China

Re: Citizenship Irish spouse living in UK

Post by crisbella218 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:36 am

The requirement for citizenship is that you should live on the island of Ireland for 3 years out of the last 5. Must also be 3 years after your marriage. So as you have not lived on the island since 2012 you are not eligible to apply.

Also if you are a visa required national and you never got stopped you are lucky.