ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Trump banning certain nationalities

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ali272
Member of Standing

Trump banning certain nationalities

Post by Ali272 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:18 pm

Hi,

I'm currently on Tier 1 Entrepreneur and travelling to my country for 12 days on 1st of February. Trump just banned 7 countries' nationals to enter the US including green card holders. I was wondering if the UK is going to do the same thing over the next month? I'm really really worried as Trump has very strong influence over the UK and the UK is desperate for a trade deal with the US.

Many Thanks.

noajthan

Re: Trump banning certain nationalities

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:21 pm

What is connection to EU referendum?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:25 pm

sorry, no connection. Thought this is the best place to post it.

mkhan2525

Post by mkhan2525 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:18 pm

The Iranian government has already reciporated by banning Americans from entering Iran.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 51276.html

I was suprised to see Iran on the list of banned countries. If Trump pursues his policies against Iran, it has the potential to develop into bigger issues. They may end up blocking the flow of Oil which will have wider consequences for all including another war which maybe Nuclear.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:25 pm

As noajthan has already pointed out, this thread has no relevance to the EU Referendum topic. Moved to US Immigration sub-forum.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:45 pm

Ali272 wrote:Hi,

I'm currently on Tier 1 Entrepreneur and travelling to my country for 12 days on 1st of February. Trump just banned 7 countries' nationals to enter the US including green card holders. I was wondering if the UK is going to do the same thing over the next month? I'm really really worried as Trump has very strong influence over the UK and the UK is desperate for a trade deal with the US.

Many Thanks.
Every country has its own immigration issues and deals with them as they see fit. The idea of the UK following the US on this or any other significant immigration directive just doesn't make sense given the context. Also, this is not the first time the U.S. has put in place such a ban. There is precedent as recently as 2009 with Obama putting a similar ban in place for Iraqi refugees. There was no hint of the UK considering such a thing as well at the time.