ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right to Work Pending Outcome of EEA(FM) Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

manicminer

Right to Work Pending Outcome of EEA(FM) Application

Post by manicminer » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:49 pm

I have returned to the UK with my non-EU spouse after having exercising Treaty rights in another EU Member State. I am a British Citizen. My spouse has applied for a residence card recently.

Regardless of EEA Family Permits, Host State RCs and short/long CoAs, what is the legal status on my spouse's right to work? My spouse intends to start self-employed activity.

It seems clear that the non-EU spouse of an EU national residing in the UK has a right to work, regardless of declaratory documentation, but is a non-EU spouse's status in any way different (legally) if they are married to a British Citizen and relying on Surinder Singh rather than simply being married to another EU national and residing in the UK?

Thanks.

noajthan

Re: Right to Work Pending Outcome of EEA(FM) Application

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:52 pm

As long as your SS gig passes muster and sponsor then becomes a qp in UK then spouse may go for it
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.