ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA (QP) student- Questions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rumoto
Newly Registered

EEA (QP) student- Questions

Post by rumoto » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:54 am

Hello everyone,

I am an EU student and I am going to start my PhD in UK on the 20th of February, during the next 3,5 years. I entered in the UK just after Christmas.

I am interested to obtain the EEA (QP) certificate to assure my position before Brexit happens, but I am not sure if it could be necessary to assure that.

If you recommend me to do that procedure, I have some questions about this process.

Is it possible to send the application before starting the course officially? Or is not possible because you must send documents only available after the course registration? I said this because there are rumours that the UK could use the article 50 date as a cutoff for new arrivals; in that case, the available time in order to complete my application could be quite tight if I couldn't send it before the 20th of February.

Is it possible to use the online application in my case? I say that because students reliant on a family member for financial support don't have the right to use the online procedure. My situation is that I have a non-UK account and also another UK bank account; my parents (who live outside the UK) send me money to that account outside the UK, and I pay the normal living expenses with that card, but at the end of the month I transfer the remaining money to my English account.

I have also another question about that: if I have an English account without any expenses (just periodic deposits of money), could be valid to present a bank statement of that account to the Home Office?

Respect to the EHIC, I obtained one before going to the UK, but I don't know what type of "statement of intent" I need to send on the application. I also have the problem that in my country (Spain), the EHIC cards have only 2 years of validity (in my case, the EHIC card expires on December of 2018); I don't know if I could have future issues derived of that circumstance.

Thanks a lot for any help.

noajthan

Re: EEA (QP) student- Questions

Post by noajthan » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:47 pm

If a atudent you need to submit appropriate evidence plus details of CSI.
Apply when you have all such evidence plus id, residence proofs.

Write statement of intent as per guidance.
Longer term get CSI.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.