ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help with EEA FM

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Gabriel86
Newly Registered

Please Help with EEA FM

Post by Gabriel86 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:04 am

So here is the situation:

Application posted on : 30/11/2016
Received by UKVI/HO on : 1/12/2016
Payment taken on : 5/12/2016
Bio letter received on : N/A
Biometrics Enrolled on : N/A
COA With Work : N/A
COA Without Work : N/A
Resident Card Received on : N/A
Documents Returned on : N/A

I am a non EEA national, my spouse is. I have sent my application 3 weeks before my EEA FM Visa expired, together with my work contract and my spouse's. The EEA FM application for a Residence Card is only for me as we have no kids, I have included every document they've asked for (utility bills, photos, passports, marriage certificate, bank statements, work contracts and etc...).
I've sent my application by post special delivery on 30/11/2016 and as you can see my timeline, they've received it on 1/12/2016 and payment was taken on 5/12/2016.
it's 26 of January 2017 and I have neither received the Biometrics letter nor the confirmation Email.

I have sent an email to eurobiometrics on 10/1/2017, but I've received an automated reply that an answer won't be given. I have tried to call them, but they tell you to keep waiting, I have contacted the local MP on 20/1/2017 and she said she will contact them on Monday and let me know, of course she didn't ring me so by the end of the day, I contacted her office and she said that she's contacted Homeoffice and she needs a couple of weeks to get an answer (WTF?). That was on 23/1/2017, so still waiting...!

I am starting to panic as I have no idea where I stand, of course at the moment I don't work as I am suspended until I get anything that proves that I can work.

I don't know who to contact or what to do anymore, it's been more than 8 weeks since I've sent my application and more than 7 weeks since they've deducted the payment, which to my knowledge from reading posts on this forum that for a Biometric letter it is a lot of time!!!

any advice?
Thanks

noajthan

Re: Please Help with EEA FM

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:22 am

Try to relax.

You don't have a 'visa' unless you mean you have a FP; when it expires (if it is a FP), you will not be an overstayer.

You have applied and hit the Christmas and New Year slowdown.

Rest assured you do have a right to reside and to work in UK if your sponsor is a qualified (or settled) person.
Ofcourse it may be tricky to prove that to uninitiated employers.
Your employer may check on ECS after you have registered biometrics.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Gabriel86
Newly Registered

Post by Gabriel86 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:27 am

noajthan wrote:Try to relax.

You don't have a 'visa' unless you mean you have a FP; when it expires (if it is a FP), you will not be an overstayer.

You have applied and hit the Christmas and New Year slowdown.

Rest assured you do have a right to reside and to work in UK if your sponsor is a qualified (or settled) person.
Ofcourse it may be tricky to prove that to uninitiated employers.
Your employer may check on ECS after you have registered biometrics.
Thanks for the answer. I am not as concerned about my job as much as I am concerned about my documents, if you say that's to be expected around Christmas and New Year then I hope you are right! so in your opinion I shouldn't rush looking for someone to contact and inquire about everything?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:32 am

Gabriel86 wrote:Thanks for the answer. I am not as concerned about my job as much as I am concerned about my documents, if you say that's to be expected around Christmas and New Year then I hope you are right! so in your opinion I shouldn't rush looking for someone to contact and inquire about everything?
It is unlikely to help chasing around at this time (as much as it is frustrating to 'do nothing').
And HO will not usually entertain such enquiries until after the nominal 6 months.

There is ofcourse a Brexit rush going on too.

Note not everyone gets confirmations etc.
Although, as a non-EEA applicant, you should ofcourse receive the biometrics invitation sooner or later.

Suggest crosscheck the copy of your application to ensure contact details are correct.
Have you moved house since submitting the application?
Any history of missing mail in, for example, a shared house?

Gabriel86
Newly Registered

Post by Gabriel86 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:43 am

It is unlikely to help chasing around at this time (as much as it is frustrating to 'do nothing').
And HO will not usually entertain such enquiries until after the nominal 6 months.

There is ofcourse a Brexit rush going on too.

Note not everyone gets confirmations etc.
Although, as a non-EEA applicant, you should ofcourse receive the biometrics invitation sooner or later.

Suggest crosscheck the copy of your application to ensure contact details are correct.
Have you moved house since submitting the application?
Any history of missing mail in, for example, a shared house?
The contact details are correct and we haven't moved, we live in a flat and all tenants have each their own post box, never missed any mail and that's what makes it weird!
it's easy to get confused with the names of the streets however post code makes it unlikely (Savile Park Road and Savile Terrace) assuming that it gets delivered by Royal Mail, I am not worried about that as they know quite well.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:02 am

@ZehraFT, kindly continue in own topic:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1449112

imbik
Mood:
Turkey

Post by imbik » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:13 pm

I have read some threads lately in this forum about overdue answers for biometrics. Some people say that they got reply from the following email address, it is worth a try.
AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Gabriel86
Newly Registered

Post by Gabriel86 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:28 am

imbik wrote:I have read some threads lately in this forum about overdue answers for biometrics. Some people say that they got reply from the following email address, it is worth a try.
AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I've received an answer back from them, I've sent an email about 3 weeks ago and they've replied on Saturday saying that they've sent me a biometric letter to the wrong address :shock: WTF, and this morning I've found two letters, one in my post box with my correct address on it and the other one left beside my post box with the wrong address on it ( it is not the previous biometric letter because both letters were issued only on the 28th of January. I am glad I've got something at least.

ZehraFT
Newly Registered

Post by ZehraFT » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:35 am

After you receive the biometric letter,what's the next step? They will call you for interview?

Gabriel86
Newly Registered

Post by Gabriel86 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:41 am

ZehraFT wrote:After you receive the biometric letter,what's the next step? They will call you for interview?
Assuming that you've been to the post office for the biometric enrolment then you are fine, you are supposed to get another letter within 2-3 weeks(some sort of confirmation), and that's about it.

ZehraFT
Newly Registered

Post by ZehraFT » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:45 am

Thanks for your answer. The letter will be the confirmation that they receive our biometric enrolment?

Gabriel86
Newly Registered

Post by Gabriel86 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:48 am

ZehraFT wrote:Thanks for your answer. The letter will be the confirmation that they receive our biometric enrolment?
Affirmative