ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR CARD - worked 13 years UK;can you apply using last 5?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BlueBambino
Newly Registered

EEA PR CARD - worked 13 years UK;can you apply using last 5?

Post by BlueBambino » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:42 am

Hi,

First of all thank you so much for whoever created this forum and everyone who has been contributing helpful advice; I have been reading some of the posts and found them quite helpful in my UK citizenship application journey.

I have a slightly complicated situation regarding applying for an EEA PR card and am hoping to keep it as simple as possible with minimum risk of refusal. Will try to break it down into point form:

- Worked in UK 13 years.
- No criminal record.
- Never claimed benefits.
- Possesses South African and Polish passports.
- Initially arrived late 2003 on SA passport with UK working holiday visa.
- SA Passport got lost/stolen in 2004.
- Continued working on EU passport after Poland joined in 2004.
- Where I'd lived rent was all inclusive hence no utility bills.
- my work until 2011 was mostly in same organisation but firstly paid via an employment agency that paid into my limited company, then as self employed, and finally via Umbrella company. Hence I'm not sure what exactly to put on the forms in terms of employer as technically that would be the recruitment agencies,umbrella company,etc. Would an old reference letter from my former boss suffice? Also the organisation I worked has since been acquired by another organisation and my former boss no longer works there.
- In the last 5 years, I've tried to keep it simple hence have been working at another organisation continuosly, as permanent staff, PAYE.

I'm hoping to keep it my EEA PR application as simple as possible hence was looking at the following options:

1. Only fill in the application with the last 5 years' history and provide supporting documents.
2. Fill in ALL of my history in UK since 2003 but only provide supporting documents for last 5 years.
3. Fill in ALL of my history in UK since 2003 and try provide all supporting documents for last 13 years.

I would be keen to go the first option as I've read that once I have an EEA PR card it entitles you permanent residence which is sort of Brexit proof; even if not, I can still apply for Naturalisation a year later. I am aware that the benefit of getting an EEA PR card that starts from 13 years ago would allow me to apply for Naturalisation immediately but I think it might be too complex given my history above and difficulty obtaining certain supporting documentation.

Thanks for reading and really appreciate any advice, especially whether option 1 would be possible for me.

noajthan

Re: EEA PR CARD - worked 13 years UK;can you apply using las

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:09 pm

BlueBambino wrote:Hi,

First of all thank you so much for whoever created this forum and everyone who has been contributing helpful advice; I have been reading some of the posts and found them quite helpful in my UK citizenship application journey.

I have a slightly complicated situation regarding applying for an EEA PR card and am hoping to keep it as simple as possible with minimum risk of refusal. Will try to break it down into point form:

- Worked in UK 13 years.
- In the last 5 years, I've tried to keep it simple hence have been working at another organisation continuosly, as permanent staff, PAYE.

I'm hoping to keep it my EEA PR application as simple as possible hence was looking at the following options:

1. Only fill in the application with the last 5 years' history and provide supporting documents.
2. Fill in ALL of my history in UK since 2003 but only provide supporting documents for last 5 years.
3. Fill in ALL of my history in UK since 2003 and try provide all supporting documents for last 13 years.

I would be keen to go the first option as I've read that once I have an EEA PR card it entitles you permanent residence which is sort of Brexit proof; even if not, I can still apply for Naturalisation a year later. I am aware that the benefit of getting an EEA PR card that starts from 13 years ago would allow me to apply for Naturalisation immediately but I think it might be too complex given my history above and difficulty obtaining certain supporting documentation.

Thanks for reading and really appreciate any advice, especially whether option 1 would be possible for me.
You may adopt either of #1 - 3.
Yes, free movement really is that free and easy.

Make sure documentary supporting evidence is rock-solid (if not unimpeachable).

EU law is not interested in your SA passport or lack of criminal record.

EU law doesn't care if you are self-employed or worker or an umbrella, or a social-media style double-Dutch umbrella tax-front shell company registered in the Caymans;
you just need to show economic activity that is genuine and effective rather than marginal and supplementary (to some other activity).
And HO will step in with its MET/PET test that goes over and beyond the cleaner, purer EU law,

Yes, if your PR status is confirmed as of over a year ago (or you are fortunate enough to have a British spouse) then no need to wait the extra year free of immigration time restrictions before shooting for privilege of citizenship.
(Assuming PR is confirmed and you had no prolonged absences from UK once you had acquired that settled status).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

BlueBambino
Newly Registered

Post by BlueBambino » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:13 pm

Thanks so much for the extremely helpful and insightful response!

I am thinking of going for option 2, where I'd provide 5 years of P60's from my current employment, and my ex boss's old letter of recommendation for the 6 years prior. Not expecting to get an EEA card for last 11 years, but at the very least for the last 5. Should that be OK or should I leave my boss's letter out completely?

There is a section where you have to indicate your times of absence in the UK. I have travelled a lot and if I were to give specifics it would take over a page, hence:

1. Would I have to be 100% accurate (I'm not sure how I can obtain all the info given sometimes my passport does not get stamped sometimes and I have lost some of the air ticket confirmation emails) and
2. does it include transit stops?

Also, where it says "Date you first entered UK" - in my case it was when I was a teenager for a 3 day family holiday (1997). Should I rather put the date I first entered to actually start work (2003)?

Thanks again in advance,

BlueBambino
Newly Registered

Post by BlueBambino » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:34 am

Anyone?

BlueBambino
Newly Registered

Post by BlueBambino » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:04 pm

Got it today - took about 4 weeks :o