ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

So what are the steps for an app under Surinder Singh?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Apply for family permit (Surinder Singh) from within the

Post by Wanderer » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:04 pm

adinaedri wrote:Hello

In https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/apply
it states that one should apply online and from OUTSIDE the UK.

We, however, are applying based on Surinder Singh.
We were hoping to enter the UK and apply once in land.

Is it possible at all or are we supposed to apply from the the eu country we currently live in?
If it is possible, then which forms do we use (I can not use the ones on visa4uk).

Thank you
The EU state in which you currently reside.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:05 pm

adinaedri wrote:Hello

In https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/apply
it states that one should apply online and from OUTSIDE the UK.

We, however, are applying based on Surinder Singh.
We were hoping to enter the UK and apply once in land.

Is it possible at all or are we supposed to apply from the the eu country we currently live in?
If it is possible, then which forms do we use (I can not use the ones on visa4uk).

Thank you
The EU state in which you currently reside.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:08 pm

Once in the UK, you would apply for a residence card.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

adinaedri

New instructions / Surinder Singh

Post by adinaedri » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:52 am

Hello All

So we also received the lovely letter from HO, asking to send in more info as per the new instructions from Nov 25. (I think they were literally sitting on all applications from March, knowing that this will come in November... *sigh*)

My questions are
1. We spend two years in a 3rd country (non eu) before moving to the eu country (in which we lived for three years). How important do you think it is to send them documents relating to that time? I am asking as I fail to understand who this will help in making a decision. Please enlighten me :)

2. We have 10 working days from the date the letter was received in to send in the documents. If the letter was send on Dec 7th, arrived on Dec 13, what is the D day? I just to make sure we do not make a mistake here.

This is the third time I have do deal with visa, applications etc and am becoming really tired of the HO... :)

Thank you all for the work you do here and happy xmas

noajthan

Re: New instructions / Surinder Singh

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:02 am

adinaedri wrote:Hello All

So we also received the lovely letter from HO, asking to send in more info as per the new instructions from Nov 25. (I think they were literally sitting on all applications from March, knowing that this will come in November... *sigh*)

My questions are
1. We spend two years in a 3rd country (non eu) before moving to the eu country (in which we lived for three years). How important do you think it is to send them documents relating to that time? I am asking as I fail to understand who this will help in making a decision. Please enlighten me :)

2. We have 10 working days from the date the letter was received in to send in the documents. If the letter was send on Dec 7th, arrived on Dec 13, what is the D day? I just to make sure we do not make a mistake here.

This is the third time I have do deal with visa, applications etc and am becoming really tired of the HO... :)

Thank you all for the work you do here and happy xmas
Well you have to be in it to win it.
Interesting times for sure; you may be one of the first test cases.

What is wording of questions from caseworker?
are they really asking about your non-EU sojourn as well as your EU gig?

One intention may be to divine whether you simply popped over to Ireland for a couple of months leaving a UK house and/or business and/or budgie behind.
Which could now fall into the 'circumventing UK regs'-type clause of the new even less EU friendly, less EU-compliant UK Regs.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Re: So what are the steps for an app under Surinder Singh?

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:07 am

Posts merged.

adinaedri

Re: New instructions / Surinder Singh

Post by adinaedri » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:59 pm

noajthan wrote:Well you have to be in it to win it.
Interesting times for sure; you may be one of the first test cases.

What is wording of questions from caseworker?
are they really asking about your non-EU sojourn as well as your EU gig?

One intention may be to divine whether you simply popped over to Ireland for a couple of months leaving a UK house and/or business and/or budgie behind.
Which could now fall into the 'circumventing UK regs'-type clause of the new even less EU friendly, less EU-compliant UK Regs.

Thank you noajthan :)
Definitaly interesting times...
We received the generic letter (4 pages mind you), the same that was added to the forum, explaining that there are new regulations and that any additional docs would help in deciding about our app.

We might be one of the first test cases indeed. Allthough I believe that it will not help those whomove to Ireland for 3 months because we lived legaly in the UK together for 4 years before (1) moving to a non eu country for 2 years and then (2) moving to an eu host county for 3 years, (Yes we travelled quite a bit... ) :) raising our children and working there, it might be more simple...

But "simple" is the last term I would use when it comes to the HO.

Good luck to all of you.

adinaedri

Post by adinaedri » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:54 pm

So.. there is a happy ending after all and I wanted to share the info with you as you ahve been so helpful during the last 8 months or so.

My partner received RC based on Surinder Singh today.
We were a bit worried when a month ago we were asked to supply for info 'as per regulation 9'.
We did send it all and now, seven months after the application was submitted we received the RC.

Thanks!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:01 pm

Congratulations.

You appear to be one of the pioneers testing the boundaries of the November changes.
Glad to know you have made it in the end.

gillacious_505

Post by gillacious_505 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:38 pm

adinaedri wrote:So.. there is a happy ending after all and I wanted to share the info with you as you ahve been so helpful during the last 8 months or so.

We were a bit worried when a month ago we were asked to supply for info 'as per regulation 9'.
We did send it all and now, seven months after the application was submitted we received the RC.

Thanks!

Hi there,

Do you mind informing people who might be in the same situation as you as what documents you included when HO asked for additional information....

Particularly whether you included any document if you were working or self employed?
Thanks

bellammm
Newly Registered

Post by bellammm » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:09 pm

adinaedri wrote:So.. there is a happy ending after all and I wanted to share the info with you as you ahve been so helpful during the last 8 months or so.

Thanks!
Hi ,I am in the same situation now ,very frustrating ,I send back the extra documents 13dec .still not hear anything from the ho,would you share me about your time line of the application ?how long have you wait after u summited the extra information ?
Many thanks

adinaedri

Post by adinaedri » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:19 pm

Hi I just now saw the questions!

So -Additional information & documents submitted to HO

When we received that letter, we decided that at that point we are going to send EVERYTHING we have, including copies of documents the HO already had.

We also put them in small files and labelled them all.

We were not going to let anyone say that that or the other documents were missing.

We went though each and every paragraph in the letter and added relevant documents.

We asked our accountant in third country to send signed letters on offical paper stating we lived/worked/paid taxes.

We were members of a cultural centre, so we asked them to send us a letter saying that we were members.

We send admission letters from our kids' schools, statements form our bank, letters from our insurance companies (health & vehicle). We still had letters from local hospital where our kid was treated - I sent these as well.

We also found letters from our former landlord and added that to the list.

I also attached our marriage & birth certificates.

So, really, everything that could show that we lived there was added to the pile.

And after we had them all in a nice pile I set down and wrote a very long letter, replying each and every question they had.
And for each reply I also noted the relevant document.

I also added a statement for a question which was asked and annoyed me immensely: The BC needs to explain why they are moving back to the UK. (Seriously????) but, being the BC, I wrote down my explanations to the move.

Everything went into a nice big envelop and was sent to the HO.

I would like to say something about applying via Surinder Singh: We were positive about it as our application was genuine. We did live in the third EU country for several years, our centre of life was there, raising children there, and we are a genuine couple.
I am not sure, however, that moving to Ireland for 3 months and returning to the UK using that route is wise. It just seems too obvious. No wonder HO become suspicious, and for a good reason.

Good luck!

adinaedri

Post by adinaedri » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:22 pm

gillacious_505 wrote:

Thanks!

Hi there,

Do you mind informing people who might be in the same situation as you as what documents you included when HO asked for additional information....

Particularly whether you included any document if you were working or self employed?
Thanks

I made sure that I send in LOTS of confirmation regarding our financial situation there. We were working, paying taxes, no benefits. I sent tax returns & pay slips for all the years we spent there and got our accountant to send a formal, signed letter confirming the dates we lived there, where we worked, our address etc.

Hope that helps.

adinaedri

Post by adinaedri » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:31 pm

bellammm wrote:

Thanks!
Hi ,I am in the same situation now ,very frustrating ,I send back the extra documents 13dec .still not hear anything from the ho,would you share me about your time line of the application ?how long have you wait after u summited the extra information ?
Many thanks

It took them a month. I thought it might take longer because of xmess, but it was one month.
additional docs were sent mid December and the rc arrived mid January.
good luck.

mak35

Post by mak35 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:35 am

Hi everyone,

I am a little confused here, it seemed adinaedri applied for a family permit but then how did you manage to get RC? or am I missing something here?

I am about to apply for a FP using SS for my parents too. So just wondering, would we have to answer the questions like you mentioned "the BC needs to explain why they are moving back to the UK" or is it more likely to be asked when we apply RC after reaching UK?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:00 am

Its a multi-step process, whether or not OP spelled it out:
  • FP
    RC
    PRC
etc

mak35

Post by mak35 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:32 am

noajthan wrote:Its a multi-step process, whether or not OP spelled it out:
  • FP
    RC
    PRC
etc
Yes, understood. I'm a Brit living in Germany with my dependent parents who hold 5 year German RC. My contract is coming to an end here in Germany and I have new work secured in UK. Can I take my parents with me without a FP and when I am in UK apply for their RC?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:52 am

Probably.
But kindly continue in your existing topic regarding your case.