ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR - Posted worker to UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

martinaj
Newly Registered

EEA PR - Posted worker to UK

Post by martinaj » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:48 pm

Hi,

I've been scouring the forum for about a week now and found loads of information - thanks to everyone who has contributed, it's been an immense help in preparing my application.

Now here is my situation, which I could find a comparable example for on the forum:

I am applying as a qualified EEA national (Bulgarian). I first entered the UK on July 13th 2011 but plan on submitting evidence covering the 5 years since January 2012 (easier for me to obtain).

From January 2012 until January 2014 (incl.) I will be going down the self-sufficient route as during this period I was employed by a Bulgarian company and working in the UK as a posted worker, on a temporary basis. In fact, I had been employed by the Bulgarian since April 2011 and was working in Bulgarian, and then they sent me a long working trip (initially for 3 months which was subsequently extended). During this time I was in contract with the Bulgarian company, being paid by that company into my Bulgarian bank account and my taxes and social and health insurance deductions going to the Bulgarian authorities.

I am well aware for this period I will not qualify as a worker since I was not registered with WRS as I was exempt from it due to the posting status. From February 2014 onwards I changed jobs and have been working for UK employers and living with my fiance so plenty of documents proving work and residence so for the last 3 years I will be using the worker status.

So I intend to provide evidence for self-sufficiency during 2012 and 2013. I have some doubts and questions about the documents available to me and would appreciate any advice:
1. I have my payslips from my Bulgarian employer covering the whole period, but they're obviously in Bulgarian. Most of it is abbreviations and codes for the different types of taxes and deductions. Do I need to have the payslips translated, if I also get a letter (in English) from that employer confirming my employment, my posting and place of work being in the UK and the amounts paid each month which will correspond to the payslips?
2. If I get the above-mentioned letter from the Bulgarian employer on company letterhead, does it need any signatures or stamps?
3. I have bank statements from my Bulgarian bank covering the period May 2012-June 2013 and the received salaries - would you advice getting statements for the remaining months or should the above be enough for HO? And they don't care about outgoing transactions, correct?
4. On the topic of CSI - as I was continuously paying my taxes and national insurance in Bulgaria, I was covered by the Bulgarian health care system. I did have an EHIC issued but it has since expired and I threw it away. I found on the forum that other users have used the EU form S041 to verify their uninterrupted status as insured persons (meaning you were indeed entitled to an EHIC). Any info on the outcome of that and if it is acceptable?
The form can be found in the Sickness_EN archive here.
5. Proof of residency - I have UK bank statements starting from September 2012, when I started using a UK bank account for some expenses but the amounts going in and out of it were small (I was still mainly using my Bulgarian account as I was getting paid into it). I also have some rent payment slips (just handwritten by my landlord, don't look very official). I couldn't find a tenancy agreement. Would you recommend trying to get one from my landlord, if he still has it, or would a letter from him confirming I used to live at that address be sufficient?
I also had my UK driving license issued at that address but has since changed it to my new address and I almost couldn't believe but DVLA doesn't seem to keep any record of it.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Sorry for the long post, just want to be thorough with my application.

noajthan

Re: EEA PR - Posted worker to UK

Post by noajthan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:13 am

1) Documents not in English or Welsh to be translated.
Employer' letters will help.

2) Normal business letter with signature.

3) Sample of statements per year.

4) Regarding CSI see:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... issued.pdf

5) Yes, get something official from landlord/s.

Other proofs of residence:
  • Tax documents;
    Council tax bills;
    Utility bills;
    Voter registration/electoral roll;
    Insurance (house/car etc);
    Driver's license;
    School letters (to parent asif you have a child);
    Health authority letters;
    Doctor/dentist/optician/clinic records;
    Church/temple/mosque records;
    Community groups/volunteering-related stuff;
& etc etc
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

martinaj
Newly Registered

Post by martinaj » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:10 pm

Thanks, noajthan.
Translating payslips is a bit of a chore but will get it done.

CSI documents accepted still not completely clear. They only mention EHICs, S1/2/3 forms everywhere I've found info about this, but as I understand this is not an exhaustive list of possible evidence so I will give the S041 form a go and hope it is sufficient.

I didn't have any bills or insurance or anything else in my name for that old address (except driving license but can't find any proof of it, argh!). It was supposed to be a temporary posting so didn't bother with much.
Do you reckon the bank statements (starting from Sep 12) and the letter from landlord confirming I was living there from January 2012 till June 2013 (when I moved) will be satisfactory?

Thanks again.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:37 pm

There are two aspects to having your automatic acquisition of PR confirmed:
  • exercise of treaty rights;
    residence in UK (and absences within limits);
So proof of residence in UK for a continuous period of at least 5 years is required;
and starting from when you entered UK if PR was acquired some time ago.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.