ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about the 85 page PR app

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

_martin_
Newly Registered

Questions about the 85 page PR app

Post by _martin_ » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:17 pm

Heya, we as a family (4) decided it would be a good idea to apply for PR. We've been living in the UK for 10 years (all in good standing family, nothing outstanding aside from two or three speeding tickets that were paid for), and I personally plan on applying for citizenship under naturalization soon after turning 18.

Straight to the point tho, the application is 85 pages long, and not taking into account the extra documents we need to send it's kind of baffling that HO wants a novella per applicant. So:

(1): Is there anywhere you can get the applications from (council maybe?) The application does mention that you only need to send the relevant sheets, about how much are we looking at here? (or does it vary too much to tell?)

(2): My mother read that once you get the PR document you have to apply for british citizenship within 2 years or the PR loses credit. I think that's total crap, but I haven't read up on this and it seems most people who are applying for PR do it in order to apply for citizenship after, thanks to the new changes in citizenship application. So just to confirm, if we do get PR can my parents just sit on it indefinitely if they don't plan on getting citizenship themselves?

(3): Anything else I should know? I'd appreciate a "briefing" from those who applied for PR before. Mainly how long did it take and aside from the £65pp how much it cost overall.

Thanks for all and any help!

noajthan

Re: Questions about the 85 page PR app

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:45 pm

1) Until 1 Feb you may still use earlier (simpler) versions of PR form.
Examples to be found in forum and in Gov UK web archives.

2) Mom has got it a little mixed up.
PR status is only lost by absence of 2 or more years from UK.

Taking things to the next level and naturalising is completely optional.
People with PR can stick with PR status if they wish to.

3) £65 and 4 or 6 months or so - that's it.
No hidden costs.

Separate fee structures for naturalisation and then for passports.

As to the process - read other members' stories in the forum.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

_martin_
Newly Registered

Post by _martin_ » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:50 pm

Wonderful. Thanks!

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:35 pm

_martin_ wrote:Straight to the point tho, the application is 85 pages long, and not taking into account the extra documents we need to send it's kind of baffling that HO wants a novella per applicant.
I'm a non-EEA migrant and when I submitted by first extension application (a concept alien to the EEA Route), the form was 150 page single-sided and the guide was 100 page double-sided. My former landlords still laugh when they remember how I had requisitioned half their living room to lay out the form and ensure that the form and documentary evidence matched up. And then, to top it off, I had to pay a fee of about £800 per person (the fees are now above a thousand per person now, I believe).

Welcome to the world of immigration.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

_martin_
Newly Registered

Post by _martin_ » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:13 pm

secret.simon wrote:
_martin_ wrote:Straight to the point tho, the application is 85 pages long, and not taking into account the extra documents we need to send it's kind of baffling that HO wants a novella per applicant.
I'm a non-EEA migrant and when I submitted by first extension application (a concept alien to the EEA Route), the form was 150 page single-sided and the guide was 100 page double-sided. My former landlords still laugh when they remember how I had requisitioned half their living room to lay out the form and ensure that the form and documentary evidence matched up. And then, to top it off, I had to pay a fee of about £800 per person (the fees are now above a thousand per person now, I believe).

Welcome to the world of immigration.
Damn, that's crazy. The price too... main reason we want to do it now is so it's all done before brexit gets finalized. I feel sorry for the non-EEA immigrants and the hit your wallets take. I suppose there ain't much you can do about that tho.

_martin_
Newly Registered

Confirming the correct sections for PR EEA app

Post by _martin_ » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:38 am

I've read through the PR form and deduced that the following sections need to be filled in: 1,3,5,9,16,17,18

for a family of 4. My mother will be the main applicant. Does this sound right? There's a ton of stuff on there about family but it seems most of it is regarding extended family of a relevant sponsor and what not.

My mother will be the main applicant, and the application will be for my father, me, and my sister (me and my sister are under 18).

Also, I might have missed something, but am I right in thinking that only the main applicant has to send in work history, and the family applicants don't need to send in work proof (dad) and student proof (me and my sis)? It seems the only thing it asks about family members is contact details and proof of identity documents.

Thanks.

secret.simon

Re: Confirming the correct sections for PR EEA app

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:42 am

_martin_ wrote:It seems the only thing it asks about family members is contact details and proof of identity documents.
Also proof of relationship documents (birth and marriage certificates) and proof that they have individually been continuously resident in the UK for five years (including proof of any absences).

If the plan is eventual naturalisation, worth keeping in mind that the requirements for absences for PR and naturalisation are different.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

_martin_
Newly Registered

Re: Confirming the correct sections for PR EEA app

Post by _martin_ » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:32 pm

Aha, that makes sense. Thanks.

_martin_
Newly Registered

Is divorce certificate required?

Post by _martin_ » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:39 pm

Hiya, we're almost done with the PR application but we've run into an issue. My father has been married and divorced a long long time ago, and Section 11 PR application asks about details of previous relationships. The divorce certificate is in Poland right now which means we wouldn't be able to send the application past march which may "lock" us from going on our summer family holiday.

Can another document certifying divorce be sent instead?

And do we even need to fill in Section 11 for my father? I figured that my mother is the "sponsor" to my father (and me and my sister) but I'm not sure if it applies to us since we are all EU nationals who have all exercised treaty rights. Should we instead just list everyone who isn't the main applicant (mother) under the family section and skip section 11?

The way it's written, it's as if Section 11 is only for the main applicant, or for an applicant of a sponsor listed in Section 2 (which isn't applicable to us). Ultimately, does S11 even need to be filled out for the spouse of the main applicant in this case or not?

Thanks!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:51 pm

Posts merged.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.