ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence for dependency for EEA (FM) Residence card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kristapsab
Newly Registered

Evidence for dependency for EEA (FM) Residence card

Post by kristapsab » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:12 pm

Hi,

my wife got the 6 month family permit and is already living for a month in UK with me. We want to submit the application for the residence card, but I am not sure about the part for evidence of dependency.

For the family permit as a proof for dependency we were adding the bank transfers (money that I sent to her), but now for the residence card it's more tricky. She hasn't opened a bank account here, because the other day when we went to Loyd's they said they can open open an account for her only if shes working. At the moment she don't have a job. I don't wanna transfer cash to her foreign account, because she has no internet banking option for that one. Maybe we should go to a bank like Santader. Some said like everyone can open an account there. Or maybe just start with getting a job and then go back to Loyd's and open account there. But all that would take some time.

As I understood another evidence of dependency could be evidence of accommodation provided by sponsor, but again it's a bit tricky. We just moved to a new house. I think the contract (also mentioning her name) trough the letting agency is not truly finished yet because is missing the landladies signature. And oh boy the landlady is abroad and will return to country only at the end of month.

What else could work as a proof? Or maybe for a spouse such evidence is not really needed?

I am bit scarred to do everything in time since I read how long it can take to get the residence card after Brexit. Also the Brexit itself makes little bit me worried about our future.

There is also one more thing that makes me confused. Is there a requirement for biometrics registered here in uk for the residence card? I tried to search about it, but found different sources of information. When we went to post to register my wife's biometric information, they said they cant do it without a letter from the border agency or something like that.

P.S. I am EEA citizen working full time. And my wife is Indonesian.

MrSlyFox

Re: Evidence for dependency for EEA (FM) Residence card

Post by MrSlyFox » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:20 pm

No need to be dependent if you are married. Just supply evidence of your residence, marriage, your status as a qualified person (for the EEA National sponsor) i.e. worker, etc. and proof of address (bills, council tax, etc) and identity (Passport for non-eea and national id card or passport for eea).

Non eea nationals provide biometrics (i.e. only your wife), she will receive a letter requesting them to be submitted at a post office a few weeks after you apply for your residence card.

Guidance for direct family members of EEA Nationals: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... als-v4.pdf

Residence card Application and guidance for direct family members: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... orm-eea-fm

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:20 am

Get into the head of the caseworker who will assess your case, here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... als-v4.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

kristapsab
Newly Registered

Post by kristapsab » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:17 pm

Thank you guys for taking your time to reply. It looks I got worried for no reason :)