ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents needed while in school and looking for a job

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

elena8815
Newly Registered

Documents needed while in school and looking for a job

Post by elena8815 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:58 am

Hello everyone,
I'm Italian and currently applying to get permanent residence.
During my 5 years in the UK I spent 3 months studying and the following 4 looking for a job. I managed to support myself for most of those months with some savings I had but once my sister, who lives in Italy, sent me about £2000 to help me. In the guidelines it says:
If a relative, friend or other person has been financially supporting you/your sponsor, you must
enclose a signed and dated letter from that person confirming that they have been supporting
you/your sponsor and for how long. You must also submit evidence of that person’s finances as
above.
I'm in doubt if I need to ask her to write the letter and send me some documents since she only sent me money one time and it was a present.

Also during those 4 months I wasn't registered with the Jobcentre but the recruitment team from my school was helping me looking for a job (they have stated that in the letter) and I was applying through recruitment websites. Is it ok if I print out the emails I was sent as confirmation that I applied for a job or invitations to interviews as proof that i was in fact looking?

Thanks,
Elena