ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Studying Masters - Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adamidris
Newly Registered

Studying Masters - Spouse Visa

Post by adamidris » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:23 am

Hey all,

I'm a British citizen currently doing my bachelors degree abroad (outside the UK and EEA). I will be finishing next summer and plan on going back to the UK to do my Masters. I know I'm not eligible for home status as I didn't live in the UK for 3 years prior to studying there, so I'll be laying international fees.

I will be getting married this this summer and wish to take my wife (who is not a UK, EU or EEA citizen) to the UK with me when I go to study next year. I have a house there under my name, which we plan on staying in. I know immigration laws are pretty tight now, so I just wanted to ask if this is possible, what the requirement are, and what I need to do to make this happen.

I'd reay appreciate any help regarding this matter as I'm pretty lost.

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Studying Masters - Spouse Visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:26 am

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview

You need to prove you meet the financial requirements of £18,600 income per annum. She needs English A1 certificate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Re: Studying Masters - Spouse Visa

Post by secret.simon » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:32 am

CR001 wrote:You need to prove you meet the financial requirements of £18,600 income per annum. She needs English A1 certificate.
As regards the financial requirements, you could also show savings of £62,500 in an accessible bank account for at least six months.

Also, a spousal visa is only valid for 2.5 years, after which the process will need to be repeated, except that she will require an English A2 certificate at that point.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.