ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR for EEA member&spouse - apply at the same or separately

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ken1234
Hungary

Re: PR for EEA member&spouse - apply at the same or separate

Post by Ken1234 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:42 pm

Thank yo again, it is getting clearer.

Are we going to get ALL supporting documents back along with the passports? Do we need to send a return envelope with postage paid?

And what format shall we use? Is it ok to send application form and supporting documents in 2 ring folders?

Ken1234
Hungary

Apply for Residence Card (EEA QR) before DCPR or not? Self-e

Post by Ken1234 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:51 pm

Hello, mine is a complicated case and I am worried they may refuse our application.

Have read here that self-employment route can be more tricky (especially if one does not have an accountant and income was not continuous or low).

As a family of 7, do you think it would be a good idea to apply for Fast Track Residence Card just for mysef before going for PR? As an EEA member I would be the main applicant anyway for permanent residence, so I thought I could maybe get the Residence Card done and that would indicate whether my 5 years of exercising treaty rights is accepted by HO or not...

That would save us months of uncertainty...any thoughts please ?

noajthan

Re: Apply for Residence Card (EEA QR) before DCPR or not? Se

Post by noajthan » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:59 pm

Ken1234 wrote:Hello, mine is a complicated case and I am worried they may refuse our application.

Have read here that self-employment route can be more tricky (especially if one does not have an accountant and income was not continuous or low).

As a family of 7, do you think it would be a good idea to apply for Fast Track Residence Card just for mysef before going for PR? As an EEA member I would be the main applicant anyway for permanent residence, so I thought I could maybe get the Residence Card done and that would indicate whether my 5 years of exercising treaty rights is accepted by HO or not...

That would save us months of uncertainty...any thoughts please ?
You don't need an accountant.
You do need continuous activity (supported with evidence).

HO applies its PET/MET test which goes above and beyond cleaner, purer EU law with its genuine and effective requirement for work.

Applying for a RC as QP could be a good way to test the water first.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Ken1234
Hungary

Post by Ken1234 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:11 pm

Work was continuous I am just nor sure that the evidence I have will be good enough.

Anyway, if I do get the PR this way and then I apply for PR the next day with the very same supporting documents would that mean I definitely get the PR??

Thank you very much.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:16 pm

Ken1234 wrote:Work was continuous I am just nor sure that the evidence I have will be good enough.

Anyway, if I do get the PR this way and then I apply for PR the next day with the very same supporting documents would that mean I definitely get the PR??

Thank you very much.
It doesn't mean you would definitely get confirmation of PR because the evidence required for a RC is different. But it would help.

Ken1234
Hungary

Almost there - last few questions

Post by Ken1234 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:06 pm

WE are sending our joint application soon, as it would be mainly on the basis of my self-employment we went to an accountant who has done my accounts, stamped and signed.

1. I also read a letter from him is also helpful, what is it he should write in that letter?

2. If we want our passport back, do we need to explain why and would that affect the case in any way?

3. Can non-EEA spouse who EEA spuse visa expired work now? Or I do we need to wait for HO confirmation letter that I heard can be used as a proof that he is allowed to work?

Thank you for your time.

noajthan

Re: Almost there - last few questions

Post by noajthan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:15 pm

Ken1234 wrote:WE are sending our joint application soon, as it would be mainly on the basis of my self-employment we went to an accountant who has done my accounts, stamped and signed.

1. I also read a letter from him is also helpful, what is it he should write in that letter?

2. If we want our passport back, do we need to explain why and would that affect the case in any way?

3. Can non-EEA spouse who EEA spuse visa expired work now? Or I do we need to wait for HO confirmation letter that I heard can be used as a proof that he is allowed to work?

Thank you for your time.
1) Not sure what he would say. Accounts should speak for themselves alomg with HMRC docs, invoices, marketing materials & etc etc.

2) Apply for return of docs later (online).
No impact if you select the 'no withdrawal' option.

3) There are no visas on EU route. RC is completely optional (although indubitably useful).

Rights to work derive from sponsor activity alone.
If you can find an employer who believes your say so of a right to work based on EU Directive then all well and good.
With punitive fines imposed for employing illegals many poorly-briefed and/or unaware employers won't take the chance.

Ken1234
Hungary

Post by Ken1234 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:20 pm

THank you. But We are applying for permanent residence not RP. (I only enquired about PR in my last post but we decided there is no point doing that in our case - as you pointed out the difference between the 2, thank you).

His EEA Spouse visa was valid for 5 years, it expired last summer. I have heard it is not illegal if he continues working as long as I am exercising my treaty rights, which I am. (He is self-employed.)

They talk about accountant`s letter in guidance notes as well as some people here.

Thank you.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:45 pm

Same applies whilst waiting for DCPR/PRC as for RC. Right to work is parasitic and derived from sponsor.
Whether any employer believes you without sight of confirmatory card is the €64,000 question.

A self employed worker doesn't need to prove anything to anyone so no need for card for that purpose.

Ken1234
Hungary

Post by Ken1234 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:07 pm

Hello, thank you for all support, finally posted and received by HO.

I sent everything I could think of then took out some as it was too many per year. Last 2 years looks good but the previous ones are really not too good income-wise, hope they consider all circumstances, children, illness etc.

Accountant confirmed my accounts so we sent that too but he did not write any other letter.

Of course just after I sent everything I realised something:

QUESTION PLEASE:

I changed my name (both first name and last name) and received a new passport. I have sent that one and all documentation regarding the name change, but I am wondering if I should have posted my previous, (expired this July) passport with old name? Shall I send it and how?

Thank you.

Ken1234
Hungary

HO confirmed receipt of all applications except husband`s

Post by Ken1234 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:57 am

Hello, I included my non EEA husband and my EEA children in my application, after a month (last Friday) I received confirmation of our applications, one by one except for my husband.

I wonder what happened. Shall I contact them? And how? They only provided an email address to contact them in case of change in circumstances. I would appreciate any help regarding this.

Ken1234
Hungary

Post by Ken1234 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:07 pm

Hello, did you mean to reply as your reply is blank.

Shall I post everything that is related to my application to this thread?

Thank you very much.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:09 pm

Yes kindly keep posts together as it helps members understand your history and its all related.

Posts now merged (dummy message used during merge).

Ken1234
Hungary

Does EEA member need to send ALL previous passports?

Post by Ken1234 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:47 am

Hello, I have already applied in November and I did not send previous passports. As I also recently changed my name I sent the current one only, which was issued last year.

Do I need to send the previous ones I used since entering the country? (I have 2)

I have read the guidance notes here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -04_KP.pdf

And it only says this:

Proof of identity and nationality
 Your valid passport, travel document or (if you’re an EEA national) national identity card
 Valid passport, travel document or EEA national identity card for each family member included
in your application (if applicable)
 Valid passport or national identity card for your sponsor (named in section 2) (if applicable).

Thank you for your help.

Admin kindly not merge this post to my original thread as I am afraid people will not read a thread if title is not relevant to their case. (?)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:49 am

Posts merged - its all same case.
Topic title should be chosen with care.

See READ ME

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:57 am

All applicants claiming to be a qualified person must provide evidence of their nationality by providing either:
  • a valid passport from an EEA state
    a national identity (ID) card from an EEA state
The passport or ID card must show the applicant has been an EEA national for the whole of the 5 years.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_0EXT.pdf

Ken1234
Hungary

Post by Ken1234 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:04 am

Hello, what do you mean by choosing topic title? Even though I chose an appropriate title for this particular question the thread has a different title bearing my first ever question. So people cannot even see this title and question.. Please help how to make sure my question is viewed by those who might know the answer. Thank you for your help.

Ken1234
Hungary

Where to send documents to an already submitted application?

Post by Ken1234 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:18 am

Where to send documents to an already submitted application?

Do I just use the same address I used for the original applicaton? Thank you very much.

Ken1234
Hungary

Post by Ken1234 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:40 pm

Hello, can you help me with the following:

someone told me it is possible that my non-EU husband requests his passport back from HO and travels to his non-EA country and when he needs to travel back he can go the British Embassy there and they give a stamp or similar which allows him to return to the UK (?). Can`t find the one who told me... He has his recently expired 5 year spouse visa in there and proof of him travelling in the past years.

Is it possible? We are stuck as his works involves travelling back and forth between his country and the UK.

Ken1234
Hungary

How to request passport back?

Post by Ken1234 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:09 am

Hello, does anyone know how to do it? Thank you.