ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter of introduction

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Letter of introduction

Post by TODMATT » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:19 am

Hi everyone,

I have been in my current relationship since May 2015 and I was married during this period to my Ex-wife but we have been separated since Oct 2013 but we have not had time to file for divorce until Sep 2016 when she petitioned the divorce. The absolute decree came thru in Jan of this year and am getting married to fiancée next month march. we are going to be applying for the spouse visa end of march and I would love to know if I should explain about my divorce in the letter? since in the Appendix, it was asked if the sponsor was married before and I said Yes, absolute decree going to be attached with the supporting documents which will be sent by me to the Sheffield office or I should just write my letter about my new fiancé how we met, when etc or include both old and new in the supporting letter?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Letter of introduction

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:38 am

No need to explain.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:09 am

Thanks for your reply
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:18 pm

Will need to explain give details of previous marital relationship and evidence of divorce, bit no need to give details surrounding the divorce or grounds of divorce.

Copy of the decree absolute will be required also.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors