ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice about my travel by using an official passport

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Anatureth
Newly Registered

Need advice about my travel by using an official passport

Post by Anatureth » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:58 pm

Dear all,

I am a Thai student, living in UK with Tier-4 visa.I came to London by using my national (normal) passport.

I am a government officer so I also have an official passport of Thailand.
On 13-14 February 2017, I am invited to join the meeting at Geneva, Switzerland.I have contacted the Switzerland embassy, they said that Thai official passport holders do not require a visa for Switzerland when travelling for tourist/ visit purposes of up to 90 days.

However, I have another point that I need your clarification.
Since I used my normal (national) passport to enter London for my study last month, is it OK if I will use my official passport and my BRP to show the immigration officer about my leaving for Geneva and re-entering to London?
Would it be necessary to show both passports to the immigration officer for my travel?

Thank you very much.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Need advice about my travel by using an official passpor

Post by sah10406 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:00 pm

Anatureth wrote:Since I used my normal (national) passport to enter London for my study last month, is it OK if I will use my official passport and my BRP to show the immigration officer about my leaving for Geneva and re-entering to London?
Would it be necessary to show both passports to the immigration officer for my travel?
Why not just show your national passport when you re-enter the UK? It seems very complicated to bring this other passport into the picture, when there is no reason to do so.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Anatureth
Newly Registered

Post by Anatureth » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:38 am

Thank you very much for your help.
I have replied you few days ago. But I am wondering that there might be some problem with the internet.

I will travel tomorrow. Perhaps I will first try to use my official passport. If the immigration is alright, it must be not any problem.

I will update you again.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:37 pm

You must re-enter the UK on the passport that holds your student visa.

Have you declared this official passport with HO in any previous applications?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.