ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Misspelled name on DCPR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kgouz
Newly Registered

Misspelled name on DCPR

Post by kgouz » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:25 pm

Hi everyone,

I received my DCPR just before Christmas but unfortunately my first name was misspelled by the Home Office.

I tried ringing the helpline for EEA citizens and was told to send an email to BRCError@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. When I did however, I received an automated email back saying that my email was going to be ignored (!) as it wasn't in reply to one of theirs. It also contained a link to an online HO form for mistakes on biometric residence permits that clearly is not the case with me as I'm an EEA national and have a DCPR rather than a biometric PR card.

So, having failed with this, I sent a letter to the Liverpool address with my case ID, explaining the error and currently waiting to hear back.

I was wondering if anyone has had their names, or any other information for that matter, misspelled by the HO on their DCPR's? If so, what did you do, and was it fairly straight-forward to resolve? I may be overthinking this as it is quite clear that it is just a misspell but I'm slightly worried that this is going to take an age to resolve and that it may impede on my naturalisation and passport application for our baby that is due later this year...

Many thanks!

extremal
Newly Registered

Re: Misspelled name on DCPR

Post by extremal » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:26 pm

I have exactly the same issue.
Got my DCPR today, but my first name is misspelled.
Sent an email to BRCError@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk but got an automatic response that it will be ignored.

I was wondering if you have any updates from the HomeOffice?
Thanks !

kgouz
Newly Registered

Post by kgouz » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:38 am

I got a phone call from my caseworker a couple of days ago to ask me to send the wrong PR document back so they can replace it. She didn't ask any questions, only told me that I should have included the wrong document in the first instance.

So, I think, best thing to do is to write to the person that signed the letter that was posted to you with the document and explain your situation. And if you feel comfortable doing so, enclose the PR card with this letter, otherwise wait for them to ask for it.

extremal
Newly Registered

Post by extremal » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:09 am

Thanks kgouz, I will do exactly that.

extremal
Newly Registered

Post by extremal » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:53 pm

Gave HO a call today in the morning just to stay on the safe side.

They told me to do exactly what kgouz suggested: send the Residence documentation plus include an ID document (either a passport or a EU ID Card with the correct name on it) and a short cover letter explaining the problem.

kgouz
Newly Registered

Post by kgouz » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:04 pm

Hey extremal, thought I should let you know I just received a new DCPR today with the correct name on it, in a signed for envelope!

Very happy indeed this thing is settled now!

extremal
Newly Registered

Post by extremal » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:51 am

Hi kgouz,

Glad your case was resolved quickly !
I sent my ID and a DCPR back to Liverpool in the beginning of February, and still haven't got an answer from them.
Just called HO, but they couldn't recommend what to do.
I will probably just try writing to Liverpool..

extremal
Newly Registered

Post by extremal » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:12 am

An update: received my DCPR today with the corrected name on it.
It took roughly two months to get it sorted.