ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit for Father

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rromeor
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit for Father

Post by rromeor » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:29 am

Hi,
I need help and expert advise regarding the following situation. I am an Irish National working in UK at the moment. I would like for my father (aged 85) to come and live with me for long-term. I am not sure whether to apply for EEA family permit or Residence Card. I am currently working in UK ; excercising my treaty rights. However, my family is living in Ireland. Could this be a problem?
Re my fathers travel history, he has visited me n my family in Ireland for short stay C visa 5/6 times. He has also been issued a visit visa for UK before.
Could anyone with a similar situation share their experience on how to go about this whole thing. It would be really appreciated if you could guide me to which route to undertake.

secret.simon

Re: EEA Family Permit for Father

Post by secret.simon » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:57 pm

Assuming that your father is a non-EEA citizen, he will need to prove dependency on you and apply for a Family Permit to come to the UK. Once in the UK, he will need to apply for a Residence Card.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EEA Family Permit for Father

Post by Wanderer » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:59 pm

secret.simon wrote:Assuming that your father is a non-EEA citizen, he will need to prove dependency on you and apply for a Family Permit to come to the UK. Once in the UK, he will need to apply for a Residence Card.
And what about the family still living in Ireland? Does the centre of life test work backwards or does Ireland have similar?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....