ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

application for document certifying permanent residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aneta123
Newly Registered

application for document certifying permanent residence

Post by Aneta123 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:23 pm

Hi I've got a question: How far back should I fill this application in (EEA - PR)?

I understand that it supposed to be 5 years qualifying years, but the questions in the form ask for the history e.g activities, employment history, state benefits, since you entered UK?

I've been in UK since 2008.

Ani82

Re: application for document certifying permanent residence

Post by Ani82 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:27 pm

Aneta123 wrote:Hi I've got a question: How far back should I fill this application in (EEA - PR)?

I understand that it supposed to be 5 years qualifying years, but the questions in the form ask for the history e.g activities, employment history, state benefits, since you entered UK?

I've been in UK since 2008.
Dear Aneta...

You can take any 5 years since 2008 to apply PR , providing 5 years history as a qualified person , such as worker , self Emp , student , self sufficient and of course evidence depending upon the status of yours as a qualified person.

Regards
Ani

Aneta123
Newly Registered

Post by Aneta123 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:00 am

Thank you for the response. I will use years from 2012 till now

I still a bit puzzled on how to fill the application form in;

Question 9.4 on page 47, asks for details of the relevant EEA national’s activity in the UK, starting from when the person entered the UK. Do I start from 2012 then?

Secondly, I am a Polish citizen and subsection 9.B Accession State Workers asks if I was working for an employer during the relevant ‘accession period’ - 2008 till 2011 without WRS.
And yes, unfortunately, I was working without WRS.
What should I put in this section? that I was working without WRS or should I ignore it, because my application starts from 2012 when the need for WRS expired?

I would be very grateful if you could clarify this for me.

naxxan
Newly Registered

Post by naxxan » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 am

Aneta123 wrote:Thank you for the response. I will use years from 2012 till now

I still a bit puzzled on how to fill the application form in;

Question 9.4 on page 47, asks for details of the relevant EEA national’s activity in the UK, starting from when the person entered the UK. Do I start from 2012 then?
Hi Aneta123, I was confused about the same thing as you and called the EEA helpline several times, but always got a different answer.

I was in the UK from 2007 - now, but wanted to apply with the 5 year period from 2011 - 2016. I provided all supporting documents for that 5 year period and specified in a cover letter that this was the period I wanted to apply with.

I did however provide absences from the UK going back all the way to 2007 and for section 9 I also included details on what I did from 2007-2011 (being a student), without providing any supporting documents though.

Hope this helps, and I don't know about your second question.

Aneta123
Newly Registered

Post by Aneta123 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:44 am

Hi Naxxan,

And how did you fill section 16 public funds? Also from the beginning or just for the 5 years?

I think I will do something similar, section 5 absences from the beginning, section 9 from the beginning but provide paperwork just for the last 5 years.

Could you give me the number of the helpline you called?

Many thanks.

naxxan
Newly Registered

Post by naxxan » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Hi Aneta,

For section 16 I just ticked 'No' under 16.1 (never received any public funds), so can't advise you here . To be on the safe side, I would suggest you fill it out since the beginning, if it's not too much of a hassle.

The helpline can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi/european-nationals
Telephone: 0300 123 2253

Honestly, I would advise you not to call it, it will confuse you more than help. I called the helpline about 10-15 times with regards to exactly the question you are asking, i.e. whether to just reference 5 years or the entire time in the UK for sections 5 & 9 and I got a different answer on every single call. I decided to go with my 'middle ground' approach in the end.

The most useful advice I got was on this forum (Thanks to noajthan & LilyLalilu).