ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit - original passport or certified copy?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nemmy
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit - original passport or certified copy?

Post by Nemmy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:15 pm

Hi all, can anyone help?

Regarding application for EEA Family Permit for my wife, the application page on gov.co.uk (https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/surinder-singh) states:

"You must provide your family member’s valid passport (or a certified copy if you can’t provide the original)"

Ideally I want to keep my passport due to some issues during the time the Family Permit application is submitted.

I know they are getting more and more strict with original documents.

Does anyone know if there are currently any problems with supplying a copy of my passport certified by a Notary Public here in Germany? Will we have any problems with the ECO if I submit a certified copy?

Many thanks.

Nemmy
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family Permit - original passport or certified copy?

Post by Nemmy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:26 pm

Just to confirm, we are applying via Surinder Singh route. I am British and the EEA FP is for my wife.