ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Citizenship question

Post by zaza7625 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:45 pm

My wife is eu citizen living in ireland 3 years now and 5 years before. She has a 3 years gap not being in ireland.totaly she has been living here 8 years with 3 years gap as i mentioned. Question: is she eligeble to apply for irish citizenship?
Thanks

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Citizenship question

Post by jul1 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:29 pm

zaza7625 wrote:My wife is eu citizen living in ireland 3 years now and 5 years before. She has a 3 years gap not being in ireland.totaly she has been living here 8 years with 3 years gap as i mentioned. Question: is she eligeble to apply for irish citizenship?
Thanks

she has a chance but it has to be calculated by the days

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP16000022

3. Application based on residence for EU/EEA & Swiss nationals

To apply for citizenship by naturalisation based on residence, you must prove that you have been resident in the State for at least 5 years (1,825 or 1,826 days) out of the last 9 years

This includes 1 year (365 or 366 days) of continuous residence immediately before the date you apply.

To prove your residence you must send us 3 different documents for each year you claim. The type of documents you can - and cannot - use as proof are listed below.
+ Documents to use as proof of residence

Note: To apply as an EU/EEA & Swiss citizen, you must have been an EU/EEA or Swiss citizen for more than 5 years. If not, you must apply as a non-EU/EEA & non-Swiss citizen.

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Citizenship question

Post by zaza7625 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:36 pm

Hi.
Please if somone has a clue about this story, do not
Be lazy to respond me.
I would start from the begining: me and my wife got married in 2010 in other country and we are still married. I have to mention that my wife is from eu country and has lived here for more than 5 years in ireland.she wants to apply for irish citizenship as she lived here reckonable 4 years out of 8. I am living in ireland more that 3 years. My question is: if she gets an irish citizenship,would i be able to apply for irish citizenship or need to wait 3 years after she gets citizenship?
It is very long story but i did not know how to make it shorter.
Sorry and waiting opinions.
Thànks

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:11 am

What's ur stamp now ?
You are in Ireland 3 years but you didn't mentioned ur current status?
However if she gets her Irish citizenship you should be eligible for applying Irish citizenship if your current status is stamp 4 ?

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:25 pm

pukon_check wrote:What's ur stamp now ?
You are in Ireland 3 years but you didn't mentioned ur current status?
However if she gets her Irish citizenship you should be eligible for applying Irish citizenship if your current status is stamp 4 ?
thanks pukon-check for your answer.
My status is this country is stamp4 based on zambrano. As i mentioned my wife is eu citizen and has lived here more then 4 years out of 8. I am curious, if she gets irish citizenship,would i be able to apply for citizenship straightaway?thanks

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:23 pm

To zaza762

Well its bit tricky..to my best knowledge if your wife get irish citizenship you have to change ur stamp based on marriage and then have to wait another 3 years..
so technically you can not apply straightway..
however the best accurate answer you will get if you email them to CITZ dept.. you will know for sure and peace of mind..
I seen u open another thread id suggest you stick to main thread.. according to rules moderator does allow to multiple thread in this forum..
Hope it helps

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:56 pm

Yes I did check and find u are eligible once ur wife got her Irish citizenship
Actually this way u can save ur time atleast a year and half
Good luck

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:29 am

pukon_check wrote:Yes I did check and find u are eligible once ur wife got her Irish citizenship
Actually this way u can save ur time atleast a year and half
Good luck
thanks pukon check

usmanch313

Post by usmanch313 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:38 pm

There is no problem you can apply throughout this way once your wife get Irish Passport after base on her you can apply as you mentioned you have already 3 and half years holding a stamp 4.Right know way how citizens department are busy as far as I know its take easily one year or more to get Irish passport then so its mean when your wife get passport you have completed your 5 Years so you are eligible as well for Irish citizens , I think you will suffered more and spend more money on this situation I will not suggest you to go for this .