ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parent of non EEA spouse - What visa do i need to do??

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vashdebrixia
Newly Registered

Parent of non EEA spouse - What visa do i need to do??

Post by vashdebrixia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:21 pm

Hello lovely people.

My wife is Filipino and she is currently under a 5y EEA Family permit.

We now have a new born baby and my mother in law took a Visit Visa (6 month) to look after the new born.

she wants to stay probably 6 more months or 1 year max..

what type of VISA does she needs??

I printed the Extended Family Member Visa application but it's says that it's not for parents.

She will not Work.
She just going to taking care of the baby while my wife and i will work full time.

Thank You .

Sam & Joy

secret.simon

Re: Parent of non EEA spouse - What visa do i need to do??

Post by secret.simon » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:57 pm

What nationalities do you hold?

Is your mother in law dependent (with proof) on either yourself or your wife?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

vashdebrixia
Newly Registered

Post by vashdebrixia » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:58 am

I'm Italian and my wife is Filipino.

My mother in law is now depending on our household while staying here.
But she has a job in philippines to go back to in case she will not have a visa.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:13 am

Temporary dependency while your mother-in-law is staying with you won't qualify. She would need to prove dependency before arriving in the UK and it appears from your post that this isn't the case.

I would advise strongly against overstaying the current visitor visa as this will have an adverse affect on all future visa applications.

EEA family and extended family members aren't issued with visas. Did you apply for an Extended Family Member (EFM) permit?

Edit: You should also be cautious about your mother-in-law requesting an extension in order to care for her grandchild to enable you and your wife to work. Even unpaid childcare for family is not permitted while here as a visitor.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vashdebrixia
Newly Registered

Post by vashdebrixia » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

So the best option is to let the visit visa 6 months end its course and she travels back to philippines.

Can she still apply for a new visitor visa ??

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:53 am

vashdebrixia wrote:So the best option is to let the visit visa 6 months end its course and she travels back to philippines.

Can she still apply for a new visitor visa ??
Your mother-in-law can apply, but bear in mind that she shouldn't be spending more time in the UK in a 12 month rolling period than she is spending in her home country.

It's fortunate that you didn't submit application for an EEA permit as if/when refused this would have resulted in a refusal of a visitor visa in the future due to the prior intention to settle in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.