ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CSI for EU national

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ohojska

CSI for EU national

Post by ohojska » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:42 am

Dear All,
I have a query on behalf of my friend. She (non EU) is in a durable relationship with an EU national. She was granted nearly 5 years ago resident card on the base of their relationship. During this 5 years for 4,5 years he was excersising treaty rights as a employee. 6 months he was unemployed and registered in the job center. If there is any period during he was not registered in the job center and didn't work as well and he didn't posses comprehensive sick insurance -does this disqualify her for the PR application? Would the insurance have to cover him and her or just him? If that would be only a few days gap would that be still a refusal from the HO?
Thank you in advance for all the answers

ohojska

CSI

Post by ohojska » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:53 am

Dear All,
does anyone know if the CSI ir required only for the sponsor (EU person) or for the non-EU applicant too? This is regarding PR application for a self sufficient person. Does the person supposed to get CSI for every single day once was self sufficient or any gaps are allowded?

Thank you in advance for any comments.

secret.simon

Re: CSI

Post by secret.simon » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:03 am

ohojska wrote:does anyone know if the CSI ir required only for the sponsor (EU person) or for the non-EU applicant too? This is regarding PR application for a self sufficient person.
CSI required for the EEA citizen and all non-UK family members.
Regulation 4(3)(b) wrote:the requirement for the student or self-sufficient person to have comprehensive sickness insurance cover in the United Kingdom is only satisfied if such cover extends to cover both the student or self-sufficient person and all their relevant family members.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ohojska

Post by ohojska » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:39 am

Thank you, I appreciate your prompt reply.

ohojska

Post by ohojska » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:42 am

ohojska wrote:Dear All,
Does the person supposed to get CSI for every single day once was self sufficient or any gaps are allowded?
Does anyone holds any information regarding this matter?
I appreciate all help.

noajthan

Re: CSI for EU national

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:05 am

No gaps.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ohojska

Post by ohojska » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:11 am

[quote="noajthan"]No gaps.

Thank you for the reply. Sorry to be a pain and keep asking but if the sponsor was in employment later lost the job and after few weeks went to the job center to register himself as an uneployed-did he supposed to have a CSI for him and his durable parter for those few weeks?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:25 am

ohojska wrote:
noajthan wrote:No gaps.

Thank you for the reply. Sorry to be a pain and keep asking but if the sponsor was in employment later lost the job and after few weeks went to the job center to register himself as an uneployed-did he supposed to have a CSI for him and his durable parter for those few weeks?
Not necessarily.
Sponsor could show evidence of being a jobseeker. No CSI.

Or else be selfsufficient. CSI required.

ohojska

Post by ohojska » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:30 am

noajthan wrote:
ohojska wrote:
noajthan wrote:No gaps.

Not necessarily.

So for those few weeks when he wasn't registered in the job center yet can he be considered as a jobseeker?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:50 am

ohojska wrote:Not necessarily.

So for those few weeks when he wasn't registered in the job center yet can he be considered as a jobseeker?[/quote]

Yes, under EU law. And if there's adequate supporting evidence.
Whether HO see it in the same way is another matter.

tmonaghan
Mood:

Post by tmonaghan » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:18 am

Well you need to cover 5 years; if during those few weeks you were not a qualified person even for a few weeks then the HO will reject your application on the basis that you failed to provide evidence for the whole 5 years. Instead of wasting your fees and time; if you were only a non qualified person for a few weeks; send you application a couple of months after you achieved your 5 years of residency. What are a couple of months more anyway? You just need to make up for the time during which you were not a qualified person...

ohojska

When to apply for the PR?

Post by ohojska » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:19 pm

Dear All,
Does it states anywhere how long before the Residence Permit expires is possible to apply for the PR?
Think you in advance for all information.

Raff113
Poland

Re: When to apply for the PR?

Post by Raff113 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:12 pm

You have to be exercising the treaty rights for 5 years to qualify for PR

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:15 pm

Posts merged.
No need for multiple posts.

Apply when you have acquired PR and have amassed rock-solid documentary supporting evidence.
RC, and dates of RC, are nothing to do with it.

ohojska

Post by ohojska » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:39 am

As I was asked not to create multiple posts I'll give this time a detailed timeline which will allow I believe to get finall answers to my questions.

EU National:
-came to UK in Nov 2006 and started working straight away. Was in full time employment till November 2012.
In November 2012 lost work. Registered in the job center after a few weeks.
For those few weeks didn't have CSI.
From the mid 2013 till now in full time employment.
Never applied for the PR

Non EU National
Durable realtionshiop from 2008 on based of which was granted RC in April 2012.
The RC going to expire in April 2017.

Are both of them eligable to aplly for PR in April 2017? Did the EU national obtained automaticaly his PR in the end of 2011? In that case the lack of CSI for a few weeks wouldn't be a problem any more.

Thank you for all the comments.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:17 am

Yes, you may have acquired PR by 2011.

As a settled person you have sponsored your partner since date of issue of EFM RC (2012); they should acquire PR by April 2017.
Assuming no prolonged absences by either party (from UK).

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:26 am

ohojska wrote:EU National:-came to UK in Nov 2006 and started working straight away. Was in full time employment till November 2012.
Was the EU Citizen an A8 national? If so, was s/he registered with WRS?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ohojska

Post by ohojska » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:43 am

Was the EU Citizen an A8 national? If so, was s/he registered with WRS?[/quote]

No, he is not. Thank you for the answer tho

trini500
Newly Registered

Re:When did CSI for EU students become a requirement

Post by trini500 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:06 am

Hi,
I was planning to use the online EEA process and although I should have the 5 year continuous period through work since 1996, I am still asked by the system to provide CSI and proof of Self sufficiency as I stated that I did a 1 year Ma degree in 1994-1995.

Did the requirement for CSI exist at that time as I thought it was introduced in2004? Also I don't have bank statements anymore and bank cannot provide them anymore as too long and deleted due to data protection. This period should really not matter as I have covered 5 year period in later years and even more but the online pages insist that I provide documents for study period!

I plan now to explain in a cover letter with my degree certificate as well as letter from the bank showing that I tried. Hopefully the case worker then will see from other evidence that I have provided enough evidence for more than 5 year continuous period. I really want to go the online route as I otherwise have to get ID card first as I need passport in case elderly family members in Germany are ill. Could this work and does anyone have a similar dilemma with the online pages and studied a very long time ago in the 90????? Many thanks in advance!