ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice re naturalization/citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rromeor
Newly Registered

Need advice re naturalization/citizenship

Post by rromeor » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:42 am

My son (currently 21) applied for naturalization in July 2015 on the basis of completing 5 year residence. However this was changed to Irish Association (dependent on Irish parents) as apparently he did not meet the residence criteria. It has been almost more than a year and half, but we did not hear anything from the department yet. They say that the application continues to be processed everytime we contact them. My son has been an law-abiding citizen, no fines, penalties etc anything..I dont know whats taking them so long to process his application.
Could it be due to the fact that he is currently studying in another EU country?

I would really appreciate if someone to advise me what to do here. Just wait it out?
Thanks

iCloud
- thin ice -

Re: Need advice re naturalization/citizenship

Post by iCloud » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:00 pm

rromeor wrote:My son (currently 21) applied for naturalization in July 2015 on the basis of completing 5 year residence. However this was changed to Irish Association (dependent on Irish parents) as apparently he did not meet the residence criteria. It has been almost more than a year and half, but we did not hear anything from the department yet. They say that the application continues to be processed everytime we contact them. My son has been an law-abiding citizen, no fines, penalties etc anything..I dont know whats taking them so long to process his application.
Could it be due to the fact that he is currently studying in another EU country?

I would really appreciate if someone to advise me what to do here. Just wait it out?
Thanks
@rromeor

I read in this forum that Irish Association Application takes considerably longer time, it could be up to two years. Few experience people on this forum advised not to go through this route as it takes longer than usual time. Please search for KingdomMan's post in the "2014 Citizenship Approvals", "2015 Citizenship Approvals" and "2016 Citizenship Approvals" for more details. Here are the links:

2014 Citizenship Approvals - http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... 56446.html

2015 Citizenship Approvals - http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... 78401.html

2016 Citizenship Approvals - http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... 00188.html

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:20 pm

Furthermore it does not help that your son is not in Ireland.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

celiakara

Post by celiakara » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:04 pm

hi im just seeking advise in this forum wich i found very helpful and i have been a member since 3 years
i applied for my citizenship on feb 2014 since no decision made,no conviction or any kind of offence,i was hoping this yeat will be the end of tunnel but unfortunately not,my two young adult daughter were granted citizenship with in 6 month by the way we applied in the same time the problem is that in last august my application was in advanced stage of processing and now another email telling me that the application still in process im a bit confused and im just thinking taking a lawyer so im jus seeking avised from yous and any good lawyer.Thanks

ka01
Newly Registered

Post by ka01 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:12 pm

celiakara wrote:hi im just seeking advise in this forum wich i found very helpful and i have been a member since 3 years
i applied for my citizenship on feb 2014 since no decision made,no conviction or any kind of offence,i was hoping this yeat will be the end of tunnel but unfortunately not,my two young adult daughter were granted citizenship with in 6 month by the way we applied in the same time the problem is that in last august my application was in advanced stage of processing and now another email telling me that the application still in process im a bit confused and im just thinking taking a lawyer so im jus seeking avised from yous and any good lawyer.Thanks
That is tooo long i would email to my Local TD (both FG member and Opposition) and request them to check with INIS and also ask question to minister i hope this may help but solicitor is also an option to know more on your application as this is way too long and i know the pain even though my application isn't that long

rromeor
Newly Registered

Help needed from solicitor

Post by rromeor » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:45 pm

Hi

Would some recommend a competent solicitor to help me receive a citizenship approval?

Background : I applied for citizenship in June 2015 based on 5 year residence, but my application was changed to Irish Association as it did not meet residency conditions somehow. It has been more than two years since i applied. I have a straightforward application, with no history,fine or crime.I have emailed/ rang citizenship dept now and again, and received the same reply that my application continues to be processed and my file is being prepared to be submitted to the minister. I also contacted my local TD, and asked him to contact INIS, who also got the same reply.

I have been very patient all this time, but now i believe i need to take action. What is the best course of action? Should I hire a solicitor? How will he/she make a difference? Or should i just wait !!

Syjem

Re: Help needed from solicitor

Post by Syjem » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:03 pm

rromeor wrote:Hi

Would some recommend a competent solicitor to help me receive a citizenship approval?

Background : I applied for citizenship in June 2015 based on 5 year residence, but my application was changed to Irish Association as it did not meet residency conditions somehow. It has been more than two years since i applied. I have a straightforward application, with no history,fine or crime.I have emailed/ rang citizenship dept now and again, and received the same reply that my application continues to be processed and my file is being prepared to be submitted to the minister. I also contacted my local TD, and asked him to contact INIS, who also got the same reply.

I have been very patient all this time, but now i believe i need to take action. What is the best course of action? Should I hire a solicitor? How will he/she make a difference? Or should i just wait !!
I think that very long processing time and I will encourage you to get some extra help from solicitor but honestly I am not sure if he can make any difference to your situation. Hopefully someone with a similar experience can give more details about such situation.

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:29 pm

I have heard that xxxxxxx in Cork is a good solicitor and can deal with such cases. You can visit his website on the below link. Do keep us posted about the progress of your case. Thank you!

weblink removed by moderator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:41 pm

rromeor wrote:Would some recommend a competent solicitor to help me receive a citizenship approval?
Posting of solicitor details or names is not permitted on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:42 pm

Alixlboy wrote:I have heard that xxxxxxx in Cork is a good solicitor and can deal with such cases. You can visit his website on the below link. Do keep us posted about the progress of your case. Thank you!

Kindly refrain from posting such information, it is not permitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Alixlboy wrote:I have heard that xxxxxxx in Cork is a good solicitor and can deal with such cases. You can visit his website on the below link. Do keep us posted about the progress of your case. Thank you!

Kindly refrain from posting such information, it is not permitted.
OK - Thanks for letting me know.