ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Join-Spouse Visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lee7754
Newly Registered

Foreign Girlfriend

Post by Lee7754 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:12 pm

Okay so I my girlfriend is from the Philippines and we are both 19 and will complete our degree next year. Once I get a job I would like her to be able to come live here with me and I'm wondering what would be the best way of applying for her visa to come live here? She almost has her degree in Nutrition & Dietetics and plans to get her license there while I'm in fourth year and work for a year to get some experience(she is a year ahead of me).

It's not a joke and yes I have seen her almost everyday via skype and we talk all the time since around a year and a half ago, before that we talked but not as much. We met online about 4 years ago and I have never been with her in person which may sound a bit odd but I don't know how it happened I just started to really like her the more we talked. We have gotten serious the last year and a half and I've started to worry about what I will have to do so we can live together the past few days. If I get a job can I sponsor her? She can speak Tagalog and English fluently also.

So yeah is there an actually realistic chance that I can somehow bring her here to live with me and what is my best bet in doing so? Or are there any other alternatives? Or is there just no hope? Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Foreign Girlfriend

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:25 pm

Not as a 'girlfriend' no, especially if you have never physically met or lived together.

As a spouse, yes it is possible.

As you have posted in the 'Ireland' forum, I am assuming you are Irish living in the Republic of Ireland??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lee7754
Newly Registered

Post by Lee7754 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:27 pm

CR001 wrote:Not as a 'girlfriend' no, especially if you have never physically met or lived together.

As a spouse, yes it is possible.

As you have posted in the 'Ireland' forum, I am assuming you are Irish living in the Republic of Ireland??
Yes I live in Ireland. I'm just wondering what the best way to get her here after I graduate is? I am willing to do whatever is necessary. Do you know what the quickest way would be? I would consider moving there as well for a few years if that is the only way I'm just concerned as I don't speak the native language, I will have a degree in software engineering.
Last edited by Lee7754 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:31 pm

Marriage and a spouse visa or any work permit visa she might qualify for.

There are no countries, to the best of my knowledge, that have 'boyfriend/girlfriend' type visa, even more so if you have not met in person. There are unmarried partner visas, but that requires cohabitation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lee7754
Newly Registered

Post by Lee7754 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:41 pm

CR001 wrote:Marriage and a spouse visa or any work permit visa she might qualify for.

There are no countries, to the best of my knowledge, that have 'boyfriend/girlfriend' type visa, even more so if you have not met in person. There are unmarried partner visas, but that requires cohabitation.
Yes I am aware she won't be allowed in for just being my girlfriend but I am willing to marry her but I've read that it's not as simple as it sounds. It involves multiple trips to the Philippines or her coming to visit me on holidays and then marriage, which I would be okay with presuming it would work but it seems quite a lengthy process.

I hear that there is job shortages in Nutrition & Dietetics in Ireland and that she might qualify for a work visa but I think she has to have a job already offered to her and waiting for her when she gets here, is that true? as it seems like not many companies would be offering that.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:52 pm

Yes, she would need an employer to sponsor her for a work visa.

I am not very familiar with the requirements for the spouse visa for Ireland but I know that there are members who can advise you on that so suggest stand by, am sure someone will provide clarity.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Lee7754
Newly Registered

Post by Lee7754 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:59 pm

CR001 wrote:Yes, she would need an employer to sponsor her for a work visa.

I am not very familiar with the requirements for the spouse visa for Ireland but I know that there are members who can advise you on that so suggest stand by, am sure someone will provide clarity.
Okay, thanks for your help btw :)

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:37 am

Hi ,

You need to be carefull if you don't want to end up wasting your time on visa application and other

If you like your new friend go there and spend time with her get to know her before deciding get married . Because internet and face to face is not the same.

" The onus of proof as to the genuineness of the family relationship rests squarely with the applicant and sponsor "

Permission to reside in the State on the basis of marriage to an Irish national
Marriage to an Irish national does not confer an automatic right of residence in the State.

Read all this. http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000058

Good luck !

Lee7754
Newly Registered

Post by Lee7754 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:29 am

broli wrote:Hi ,

You need to be carefull if you don't want to end up wasting your time on visa application and other

If you like your new friend go there and spend time with her get to know her before deciding get married . Because internet and face to face is not the same.

" The onus of proof as to the genuineness of the family relationship rests squarely with the applicant and sponsor "

Permission to reside in the State on the basis of marriage to an Irish national
Marriage to an Irish national does not confer an automatic right of residence in the State.

Read all this. http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000058

Good luck !
The plan is that when I get my degree from college I will get a job and visit here whenever I get holidays so for maybe 3-4 weeks in a year. I'm thinking 2 visits the first year I have a job and then I will give her some money for her to come here to visit me whenever I don't have holidays and we will document everything. We will meet let's say 5-6 times over the space of 2 years as I have read I need 40k gross so I'm thinking that once I get out of college it will take 2 years to make that with an entry level job. Just before I have made the 40k I will marry her in the Irish embassy in the Phillipines and then apply for her join spouse visa here which I am afraid for whatever reason would fail. Does that sound like enough to satisfy them? I will document all my itineraries, us being together via photos etc.

Topcat72m
Ireland

Post by Topcat72m » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:48 pm

Go there and visit her. As for marrying in the Irish embassy. There isn't one. It has a consulate but unlikely that theyll marry you there.

But definitely go. You'll have a great time.

Lee7754
Newly Registered

Post by Lee7754 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:03 pm

Topcat72m wrote:Go there and visit her. As for marrying in the Irish embassy. There isn't one. It has a consulate but unlikely that theyll marry you there.

Yes I'll definitely will go once I've saved enough and and I've already started documenting some of the stuff she has sent me, maybe that will help to prove that the relationship is legitimate once we've met a few times.

Topcat72m
Ireland

Post by Topcat72m » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:35 pm

Lee7754 wrote:
Topcat72m wrote:Go there and visit her. As for marrying in the Irish embassy. There isn't one. It has a consulate but unlikely that theyll marry you there.

Yes I'll definitely will go once I've saved enough and and I've already started documenting some of the stuff she has sent me, maybe that will help to prove that the relationship is legitimate once we've met a few times.
Yes. Keep everything including messages and take plenty of pictures together. It all helps. AFAIK they won't consider it a "genuine" relationship until visit her a couple of times. I would also say that having been there. Its a difference culture.

You are young and its good not to rush in. Take your time.

Lee7754
Newly Registered

Post by Lee7754 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:43 pm

Topcat72m wrote:
Lee7754 wrote:

Yes. Keep everything including messages and take plenty of pictures together. It all helps. AFAIK they won't consider it a "genuine" relationship until visit her a couple of times. I would also say that having been there. Its a difference culture.

You are young and its good not to rush in. Take your time.
Yes I know that I am young but I've known this girl for years and she's all I want and I believe her when she say that I am too. I'm going to be with her as much as I can over 2 years so maybe two 2 week holidays and Christmas every year for 2 years and then once I've earned 40k gross I will apply. Do you know if they turn down many applicants? I'm determined to be with her.

Lee7754
Newly Registered

Join-Spouse Visa

Post by Lee7754 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:49 pm

Okay so I am committed to my girlfriend from the Philippines and one day I'd like to be able for her to live here with me and start a life. I am reading up on some of the requirements for her best chance at being a resident of Ireland and I think a join-spouse would be that. I know they are quite strict when it comes to refusing marriages in case they are shams.

We are both 19 and I am in the 2nd year of my 4 year Computing degree and her the 3rd of her Nutrition & Dietetics. I would just like to clarify some things if anyone has any information. Is that rule of you must have 40k gross in 3 years to sponsor your wife strict? Lets say I get a starting job of 20k out of college can I apply I mean it's not like either of us have no qualifications to find work.

I am saving now to attend her graduation in June of next year as I believe it would look good on the application for when we finally decide to send our application. I plan to meet her as much as possible when I have a job & time permitting. Lets just say I could visit her during my work holidays(4 weeks) and Christmas. Is it best to take multiple trips or do they take into account the length of the stay or the number of visits? I would like to have visited her 5 times and on the 5th we will get married there and if possible I would like for her to be able to come here and visit. Then once we hand in the application we will all the documentary evidence of our conversations from December 2015 and all the items I & she have sent since then to our homes. Including images, videos of our trips etc. I'd like to also know the situation about housing. I'd like to be able to stay with my parents to save up as much money and visit her as often as possible and then before my last trip there rent and apartment or something and put both of our names on the lease because I have read they ask for that sort of thing or joint bank accounts.

Are they likely to turn down an application such as this? I can't wait that long and then it be declined...