ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

complicated please help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mostafa_uk
Newly Registered

complicated please help

Post by mostafa_uk » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:19 pm

Hey
I came to the UK on family visitor visa , after that I overstayed and I have been arrested and realest because i claimed asylum, the asylum has been refused but in that period i meet my girlfriend from Poland. and we decide to get married, my appeal case still in court, but i want to draw the case and get married because we are living on stress.
is there any opinions of the processes please help.

thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: complicated please help

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:52 pm

In order to marry, you have to give 28 days notice to an HO approved Registry office (with your passport). They then have to inform HO and this notice period can be extended to 70 days for HO to investigate and interview both of you separately. This is to check it is not a sham marriage or marriage of convenience. You will only be allowed to marry if HO gives you permission, but they can still be unwelcome guests at your wedding and detain you.

What is your nationality?

When did you enter the UK?

How long have you overstayed?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Laughing-Gas
BANNED

Post by Laughing-Gas » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:07 am

Polish women seem to have a tendency to fall for men with no status in UK, and they come across these men right before these men are likely to be booted out of UK. :lol:

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:26 am

Laughing-Gas wrote:Polish women seem to have a tendency to fall for men with no status in UK, and they come across these men right before these men are likely to be booted out of UK. :lol:
Uncalled for. Please post with more respect if you want to continue on the forum and note that after only 12 posts you are already on 'thin ice'.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:38 am

That post is wholly inappropriate and offense.

I can see that laughing gas will not be stating with us much longer if these troubling posts continues.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors