ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming Housing Benefits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

osos
Newly Registered

Claiming Housing Benefits

Post by osos » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:28 am

Hi All,

I have a query as I am a bit confused. First to explain my situation, I am a British citizen (yet born outside of the country and haven't lived in Britain for 3 consecutive years before having my daughter). My wife and daughter just came to the country on a spouse visa (30 months settlement visa). Of course, they do not have access to public funds.
My query is, am I entitled to apply for housing benefits (I earn 24000 before tax) from full time employment. If so, how do I go about it?

Many thanks in advance :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Claiming Housing Benefits

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:53 pm

Contact your local council housing benefit department. Don't think you would get very much. If your wife works, her income will also be taken into account to determine eligibility.

Use the benefit calculator in the link below to determine how much you might be entitled to.

http://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/AboutYou

You should be awarded single+child rate. Your wife is subject to immigration control.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.