ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa MIR - I work for my Dad, will this be okay>

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rbcuy
Newly Registered

UK Spouse Visa MIR - I work for my Dad, will this be okay>

Post by rbcuy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:14 pm

Hello,

I have recently returned to the UK to find work to meet the MIR so I can sponsor my US husband in 6-ish months.
I've had a few interviews and offers, but have decided to work for my Dad's software company.
The business is 25 years old, and is very successful, but only has 3 employees (including myself).
I'm salaried for over 18600 and my profession is a software developer, however, I'm worried that the Home Office will not like that I am working for a family member and will find it suspicious. I can 100% prove the legitimacy of the job if given the chance, but I'm concerned they will not give me one and will refuse the visa application. Am i being over the top?

I appreciate any advice anyone can give!

Thanks so much,
Rebecca

Bathory
Newly Registered

Re: UK Spouse Visa MIR - I work for my Dad, will this be oka

Post by Bathory » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:36 pm

As long as you can prove your salary, you will be fine. It's not uncommon for people to work in family businesses. Were you working in the US, at a salary equivalent to, or above the 18,600? If so, you may already be eligible to sponsor your husband.