ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR questions. Please help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pafsorin
Newly Registered

PR questions. Please help

Post by Pafsorin » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:16 pm

Hi everyone
I have a question regarding the permanent residence.
My and my husband (Bulgarian ) came in his country at the beginning of 2011. Soon after he received his yellow card, working self employed and I received the blue card in dec 2012. I believe that this blue card is for dependents and with it I was employed. In 2014 we separated. We still have separate lived to this day. We don't really keep in touch.
My questions is when should I apply for permanent residence?
If I received that blue card and it is for dependent (although i have been working since and i am self sufficient) wouldn't that mean that my permanent residence should be gained again as dependent?
These blue card have stopped being used in 2014, but are they still a valid form of documentation as resident? It doesn't have an expiration date on it. Also, on the back it is stated that after 5 years of holding that card I could apply for permanent residence.
Would that mean as a dependent, and my ex being a sponsor?
I am sure he would not help me in any way with anything.
What is the best way to apply for PR?

Sorry for the endless questions.
Also, when at some point I received working tax credits for 3 months. Would that affect my application.
I feel completely lost in this complicated story.

secret.simon

Re: PR questions. Please help

Post by secret.simon » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:21 pm

What are your nationalities?

In which country does your husband reside? And where has he resided for the past five years?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Pafsorin
Newly Registered

Post by Pafsorin » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:46 pm

Both from Bulgaria. Husband has been in the UK since 2011

Pafsorin
Newly Registered

Post by Pafsorin » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:38 pm

Up. Anyone please?