ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experience coming back to the UK on EEA2 (being removed b4)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

londonman

Experience coming back to the UK on EEA2 (being removed b4)

Post by londonman » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:49 pm

Hi all,

I've being reading/posting on this forum for a while.
I hope this would be helpful for somebody.

I've been removed in 2011 due some issues so I've been on the bloody UK system.
After that I got married and I applied for my EEA FP to be able to return to the UK where my wife was living.
I got my FP and then I applied for my residence card which was issued this year in March.

Every time I travel (either alone or with my wife -its always easier to get rid of all the problems when I travel with her btw-) I am retained at the immigration desk as I always appear on the system when they check my passport.

It always depends on the airport and on the officer tho. I've been in Heathrow, Stanstead, Luton and Southend.

In Heathrow is always annoying as they ask me too many questions about me being removed, how did I get my RC, what's my wife doing, what Im doing, etc. although they have never asked me for any proof (like marriage certificate, payslips, tenancy agreement, etc. but I always carry with them) in the end they check on the system about my history and let me go. To be honest I try to avoid flying to Heathrow.

Last night, I arrived from Spain to Southend airport with my wife and it was very funny cos all the passengers on the plain were EU citizens and I was the only person with non EU passport so their que was very long and mine was very very short lol. Same story as always, landing on EEA2 but being on the bloody system so they had to check my history on the system. I have to say the chief on charge (cos the officer was not pretty sure about the situation so he called the chief) was very very kind and he was apologising to me for being retained for some minutes and saying that it was not gonna take too long as I already have a RC so there is no issue at all.

I was surprised because he didn't asked me anything about what my wife is doing or what I am doing or how she's exercising her treaty rights, etc.
Some minutes later, he came with my passport stamped and he did let me go saying that every time I come back to the UK the officers ask for a request to the UKBA for me to be deleted on the system as I hold a RC so I had to be deleted at the moment they issued to me (he wanted to do it by himself but he said he doesn't have the rights/authority to do it) so sooner or later I will be deleted on the system and I won't be asked any questions every time I come back to the UK.

too old
Pakistan

Post by too old » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:23 pm

thank you so much for posting your experience here ,

i am wondering how on earth they needed to ask you so many questions that how ur spouse is exercising their rights and the rest of qs

i am in the same boat as you , will you please suggest me what should i prepare mysef for when i go back home with out my eu partner and return to uk, what paper or stuff should i mind or have before approaching the ho officer in any airport.

thanks for your infor

londonman

Post by londonman » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:40 pm

too old wrote:thank you so much for posting your experience here ,

i am wondering how on earth they needed to ask you so many questions that how ur spouse is exercising their rights and the rest of qs

i am in the same boat as you , will you please suggest me what should i prepare mysef for when i go back home with out my eu partner and return to uk, what paper or stuff should i mind or have before approaching the ho officer in any airport.

thanks for your infor
No worries. Have you been removed or had some problem with UKBA before? Because if not, it seems to be OK if you hold a RC

too old
Pakistan

Post by too old » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:26 am

I haven't been removed o anything before. But they did show up during my marriage ceremony . Interrupted the wedding . Questioned us as a couple and our guests. Embarrassed us . Couldn't find anything that's why they had to let us get married following my application for rc. I got it in 4 months. Smoothly done .
Rc valid till 2018

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:32 am

too old wrote:
What you mean by that ? of course they have the right to ask question like

- What your EEA family member doing in the UK

- Where he/she is now

- Are you still married ?

remember you are family member of an EU national. He/she is like you sponsor

if he/she loose right you loose it too unless you retained it
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Davmck70

Re: Experience coming back to the UK on EEA2 (being removed

Post by Davmck70 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:04 am

londonman wrote:Hi all,

I've being reading/posting on this forum for a while.
I hope this would be helpful for somebody.

I've been removed in 2011 due some issues so I've been on the bloody UK system.
After that I got married and I applied for my EEA FP to be able to return to the UK where my wife was living.
I got my FP and then I applied for my residence card which was issued this year in March.

Every time I travel (either alone or with my wife -its always easier to get rid of all the problems when I travel with her btw-) I am retained at the immigration desk as I always appear on the system when they check my passport.

It always depends on the airport and on the officer tho. I've been in Heathrow, Stanstead, Luton and Southend.

In Heathrow is always annoying as they ask me too many questions about me being removed, how did I get my RC, what's my wife doing, what Im doing, etc. although they have never asked me for any proof (like marriage certificate, payslips, tenancy agreement, etc. but I always carry with them) in the end they check on the system about my history and let me go. To be honest I try to avoid flying to Heathrow.

Last night, I arrived from Spain to Southend airport with my wife and it was very funny cos all the passengers on the plain were EU citizens and I was the only person with non EU passport so their que was very long and mine was very very short lol. Same story as always, landing on EEA2 but being on the bloody system so they had to check my history on the system. I have to say the chief on charge (cos the officer was not pretty sure about the situation so he called the chief) was very very kind and he was apologising to me for being retained for some minutes and saying that it was not gonna take too long as I already have a RC so there is no issue at all.

I was surprised because he didn't asked me anything about what my wife is doing or what I am doing or how she's exercising her treaty rights, etc.
Some minutes later, he came with my passport stamped and he did let me go saying that every time I come back to the UK the officers ask for a request to the UKBA for me to be deleted on the system as I hold a RC so I had to be deleted at the moment they issued to me (he wanted to do it by himself but he said he doesn't have the rights/authority to do it) so sooner or later I will be deleted on the system and I won't be asked any questions every time I come back to the UK.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Basically, you should not be harassed about the past since after getting the RC
Read 5.2 I even read a more comprehensive one somewhere but can not remember where now. If i find it, I will post it here.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:34 am

well i was refused a student visa nearly 10 years ago and since 2009 i'm family member of an EU national but still they ask me this question why i was refused and 2/3 times they even hold me for 5/10 minutes

I think we have to take it normally now
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

too old
Pakistan

Post by too old » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:45 am

Thanks for your input askmeplz

londonman

Post by londonman » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:16 pm

too old wrote:I haven't been removed o anything before. But they did show up during my marriage ceremony . Interrupted the wedding . Questioned us as a couple and our guests. Embarrassed us . Couldn't find anything that's why they had to let us get married following my application for rc. I got it in 4 months. Smoothly done .
Rc valid till 2018
So there won't be a problem then as you are not on the UKBA system

ttloh
Newly Registered

Post by ttloh » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:53 pm

Dear London man

I've the same experience as I was removed at the airport.

I'm thinking of applying for EEA FP after getting married in April to my long distance boyfriend of 3 years.

Can I know if you applied for EEA FP soon after marriage? I'm scared that they will use my immigration history plus the reason of sham marriage to reject me.

Can anyone else give their advice to avoid EEA FP rejection?

Thanks alot