ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 general minimum salary and minimum hours

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Surjit82
Newly Registered

Tier 2 general minimum salary and minimum hours

Post by Surjit82 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:04 am

Respected members,

This is regarding a job NOT listed in shortage list. My two important questions are:
(1) What is the minimum hour per week that the worker should work? I have seen that for shortage list jobs, it should be at least 30 hours a week.
(2) As per the UKBA guideline, the minimum salary at least £25,000 or the ‘appropriate rate’ for the job (within the relevant SOC) you’re offered - whichever is higher. (https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/eligibility). Does it mean that so long as the salary is at least £25000 AND the worker works at least the minimum hours (say 30 hours a week), it is legally fine?
Does it mean that so long as the salary is at least £25000, the working hours can be reduced to a minimum of 30 hours per week? I am asking this question because the salary requirement in the guideline is just a rate, meaning thereby it does not say that the worker must work 39 or 37.5 hrs (whichever is applicable) to get a fixed salary, say 35,100£ for an experienced level salary.

Any answer or feedback will be highly appreciated. Many thanks!

Regards,

Surj

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 general minimum salary and minimum hours

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:48 am

Anything less than 30 hours will not be acceptable. Less than 30 hours is considered 'part time' which you can't do on Tier 2 Genera with your main sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.