ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language points when switching from Tier 5 to Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DrLaxmi
Newly Registered

English language points when switching from Tier 5 to Tier 2

Post by DrLaxmi » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:32 pm

Hi all,
I am Laxmi (Indian citizen) and doctor by profession. Currently I am on Tier 5 Government exchange programme in UK. I have got CertificateOfSponsorship for my Tier 2 General visa application(upto 3 years). While applying for visa I realized I need to claim 10 points for English language requirement. However I am not sure if I really need to prove my English skills. Reason being 1. I gave IELTS when I came here on Tier 5 visa. 2. I have been working in UK since then.

I have already booked tickets to India and I am planning to take visa appointment for next week in India. I am short of time to now apply for IELTS again. Also my university is not ready to provide me with letter that mentions degree was taught in English. It seems they are busy with other matters at the moment.

However I believe when switching Visas, English language requirement must be exempted. Please correct me if I am wrong. Help point me to relevant sources.

Looking forward for your help and guidance. Many thanks!

Regards,
Laxmi