ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New EEA (EFM) application form Feb 2017

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dea_25
Newly Registered

New EEA (EFM) application form Feb 2017

Post by Dea_25 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:40 pm

Hi all - I have recently applied for a residence card as an unmarried partner of an EEA national. I used the EEA (EFM) application form up on the Home Office website but about a week passed from when I printed and filled out the form to when it was submitted.

I was unlucky enough to learn that in that time (on 6 Feb 2017) a new application form was introduced for applications of extended family members of EEA nationals. Though they don't seem too dissimilar on the face of it (only a handful of questions vary), I have in effect submitted an outdated application form.

Does anyone on this forum have any advice as to whether this is a grounds for refusal? Is it worth revoking the application and reapplying?

Thanks for any help you can give.

kamoe

Re: New EEA (EFM) application form Feb 2017

Post by kamoe » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:42 pm

Hi Dea

I'm answering this to the best of my knowledge, from the top of my head, and with full disclosure that I am not an immigration professional. Do double check all I say in the official guidelines!

Short answer: No, I do no think using an old application form that is outdated for only a few days will be ground for refusal. In fact, if I am not mistaken, you could apply using no form at all. As long as you provide all information they need, and all documentary evidence required, you could just write a cover letter, pay the fee, and enclose it with your documents in en envelop, and they would still process it (at least that was the case last year). The forms are/were there only to structure the application and make it easy for everybody to check they have supplied all that is required.

So, as long as the updated form does not mean you have omitted crucial information on your application, I would say you are fine.

Again, this is me answering from the top of my head, based on my experience in this forum. I have not checked the latest guidelines (as all new applicants should do) so can't say this has not changed since last year.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Dea_25
Newly Registered

Re: New EEA (EFM) application form Feb 2017

Post by Dea_25 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:24 pm

Hi Kamoe,

Thanks for your helpful reply. I do remember reading this as well and indeed on the guidance form that accompanies the application form it says 'It’s not mandatory to use the EEA(EFM) application form but it will assist us in dealing with your application more efficiently if you do.'

However that guidance has not been updated in line with the application form (it;s from Dec 2015) and it looks like the Immigration Regulations that came into force in Feb 2017 have changed this and it is now mandatory to use an application form: https://www.freemovement.org.uk/can-hom ... tion-form/

Whether this means the previous form will be accepted or not is another question so I might have to leave it to fate, otherwise go through the arduous process of withdrawing and reapplying!

Thanks for your advice.