ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR APPEAL AWAITING HEARING DATE

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

benstill
Newly Registered

ILR APPEAL AWAITING HEARING DATE

Post by benstill » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:19 pm

Hi there,

I apply for Indefinite leave to remain in August 2016 as a Spouse of EEA member who is exercising treaty right in UK more than 5 years. My application was refused, before the refusal we were invited for interview. unfortunately my lawyer did not inform me of the two interview that we missed but was all stated in the refusal letter. appeal was fax since August 2016 and as at the moment we are still waiting for court hearing date.

While waiting for court hearing date I received a letter (immigration act 1971-notification to a person who is liable to be detained) from the home office with restriction not work or engage in any business activities , must reside at my address and must report to an immigration official at a the reporting centre every fortnight.

After being to report center on the second time I was told by an official that my report has been change from every forthnight to every two months BECAUSE my appeal has come up in their system.

After two months I was at the report centre again but the official told me that my appeal cannot be find in the system again which I asked how can that happen? no genuine respond but "I don't know" and he asked me to bring an documents from my lawyer on my next reporting date to show that have actually submit my appeal to the court which I did but still they cant find appeal in their system, am worried if they might detain me next time I went for signing at the report?

My Dillema:

I have 4yrs old son outside my marriage who is a British and am taking full responsibility as a father.
should I inform home office about him at this point rather than to be too late ? so that they will know that I have a genuine reason of remaining in UK or I should continue to see how my appeal goes ?

Please I need advice

I will really appreciate your advice
Benstill

forestgump

Re: ILR APPEAL AWAITING HEARING DATE

Post by forestgump » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:15 pm

What the reason of refuse? Marriage of convenience?
Are you married or unmarried partners?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:50 am

Did you apply for ILR (under the UK immigration rules) or PR under EEA/EU route? Did you apply based on 5 years residence or 10 years long residence?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

benstill
Newly Registered

Post by benstill » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:27 am

CR001 wrote:Did you apply for ILR (under the UK immigration rules) or PR under EEA/EU route? Did you apply based on 5 years residence or 10 years long residence?
Thanks for respond. Yes I applied under EEA/EU route and bases on 5years residence.

benstill
Newly Registered

Post by benstill » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:31 am

forestgump wrote:What the reason of refuse? Marriage of convenience?
Are you married or unmarried partners?
Yes Marriage of convinience and we are genuine married partners

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:40 am

benstill wrote:
CR001 wrote:Did you apply for ILR (under the UK immigration rules) or PR under EEA/EU route? Did you apply based on 5 years residence or 10 years long residence?
Thanks for respond. Yes I applied under EEA/EU route and bases on 5years residence.
The is is PR you have applied for and not ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

benstill
Newly Registered

Post by benstill » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
benstill wrote:
The is is PR you have applied for and not ILR.
Yes permanent residence is what I applied for sorry my mistake