ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa holder can I invite my Mom

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Smartyouth92
Newly Registered

Spouse visa holder can I invite my Mom

Post by Smartyouth92 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:56 pm

Dears

Kindly, I have a spouse visa and my husband is UK citizen and right now i'm pregnant and I'll have a child soon, My quuestion is can I invite my mom to attend this occasion, and also I have my brother which he doing a Master studying here and he could invite my mom as well but I don't know which will be easier? Anyone can help me according to that

Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: Spouse visa holder can I invite my Mom

Post by Obie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:05 pm

Your husband and you can invite them. Provided of course you can show sufficient resource and maintenance.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Smartyouth92
Newly Registered

Post by Smartyouth92 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:09 pm

Obie wrote:Your husband and you can invite them. Provided of course you can show sufficient resource and maintenance.
Please, Can you tell me what do I need to do ? and what do you mean in sufficient resources and maintenance ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:46 am

That you can accommodate them and have sufficient funds.

Mom also has to provide evidence with a visit visa application to prove her social, personal and financial ties and circumstances in home country to convince the ECO that she will leave the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.