ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR - Returning to the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

eldamiano
Newly Registered

PR - Returning to the UK

Post by eldamiano » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:55 pm

My wife and I are travelling to Malta for a holiday in 3 weeks time. My wife has a permanent residency card as family member of an EEA national, is currently unemployed and wants to claim Jobseekers Allowance.

However, she is concerned that if she does, that she will not be granted entry back to the UK on returning from Malta, due to previous questions that have been asked on border control on returning from past holidays. I am unsure whether this was the case before she received PR.

Please could you confirm what would happen. Thank you.

eldamiano
Newly Registered

Speaking to someone from the Home Office regarding immigrati

Post by eldamiano » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:58 pm

I have just tried to call the Immigration and Visas line provided on the gov.uk website, but through whatever options I choose, I cannot get on to speak to somebody. Every single option gives a quick, automated response advising people which website to look at for further information.

This is an appalling service. Does anybody know of any numbers other than 0300 123 2241 to direct my enquiry? Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Speaking to someone from the Home Office regarding immig

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:06 pm

The helpline is well known for providing incorrect advice and taking no responsibility for it.

What is your query about?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

eldamiano
Newly Registered

Re: PR - Returning to the UK

Post by eldamiano » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:09 pm

It is the query above. i.e.

My wife and I are travelling to Malta for a holiday in 3 weeks time. My wife has a permanent residency card as family member of an EEA national, is currently unemployed and wants to claim Jobseekers Allowance.

However, she is concerned that if she does, that she will not be granted entry back to the UK on returning from Malta, due to previous questions that have been asked on border control on returning from past holidays. I am unsure whether this was the case before she received PR.

Please could you confirm what would happen. Thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:17 pm

If she has a permanent residence card, then she shouldn't have any problems returning to the UK within two years (15(3)).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

eldamiano
Newly Registered

Post by eldamiano » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Thank you. I would just like to re-state the point regarding claiming benefits/using public funds. She insists on another recent trip abroad that she was asked a question about whether she was claiming benefits on border control.

Apologies for essentially asking the same question again, but are there definitely no rules that will get in the way of her re-entry if she is claiming benefits?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:23 pm

She can claim as she holds PR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.