ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

(URGENT)ExtensionONHOLD.HomeOffice asked questionsTOemployer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jackgalet
Newly Registered

(URGENT)ExtensionONHOLD.HomeOffice asked questionsTOemployer

Post by jackgalet » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:29 am

Hello everyone,

My tier 2 application is on hold. Home office asked for P60 forms. They also emailed my employer and asked few questions Mentioned below.

1. They said job description in the Cos letter is vague . Not properly described.

Questions asked from my employer to send within 28 days
1. Write proper job description with daily , weekly and monthly duties .
2. How the employee performs the duties
3. Hierarchy of employees within the company , names and roles of employees within tier 2
4. How many staff in each role
5. My employer contract

Three months have been passed. I had submitted P60 forms and my employer also replied to home office with all the answers of their questions. I still not get my visa. I called home office and they said I need to wait for 8 weeks. My employer also emailed the home office official but no body replied.

Can anyone please tell why home office has asked about job role and employee details etc from the company? And why P60?
Can my visa be refused? It was an in person appointment and they did not ask me any questions when I went to apply the visa. I have undergone biometrics that day. Plz help.
Thanks

jackgalet
Newly Registered

Re: (URGENT)ExtensionONHOLD.HomeOffice asked questionsTOempl

Post by jackgalet » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:33 am

The job description in the new cos letter is same of the old cos letter when I got the tier 2 first time.that time I got the visa same day. Why this time they are saying vaguejob description and asking so many questions to my employer. My employer is A rated company .

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:44 pm

When you and your emplyer submitted the requested information? How many weeks before?

jackgalet
Newly Registered

Post by jackgalet » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:55 pm

I applied in November end and We had submitted the requested docs and information in December first week 2016 enough before the deadline. I am wondering why it's taking so much time. It was a premium service application.

Why they have asked these questions from my employer? Can my visa be refused? I am worried. Plz help.
Thanks

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:09 pm

I understand the situation. I submit the postal application fior extention and after 9 weeks my employer recieved email for further information and they submitted it in last week of December and i am still waiting for the result. I heard they took maximum 6 month to enclose this type of case!

jackgalet
Newly Registered

Post by jackgalet » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:04 pm

Thanks for your reply dear. Did they asked same types of questions to your employer? Thanks

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:20 pm

jackgalet wrote:Thanks for your reply dear. Did they asked same types of questions to your employer? Thanks
almost same..but thety asked for the example of the work described in COS. What was your post?

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:22 pm

Please elt us know the update when you hear from them. That would be helpful. Thanks :)

jackgalet
Newly Registered

Post by jackgalet » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:24 pm

almost same..but thety asked for the example of the work described in COS. What was your post?[/quote]

I work as an IT consultant . Thanks
I don't understand why HO is asking such details. I have heard few these type of cases recently.

jackgalet
Newly Registered

Post by jackgalet » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:35 pm

Does anyone else have faced such situation? Plz share experience, how much it takes and what's the result of application? Thanks

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:54 pm

jackgalet wrote:almost same..but thety asked for the example of the work described in COS. What was your post?

I work as an IT consultant . Thanks
I don't understand why HO is asking such details. I have heard few these type of cases recently.[/quote]

I heard this type of question just to verify whether your vacancy is geniune or not! What is the update of other similar cases you heard off?

jackgalet
Newly Registered

Post by jackgalet » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:13 pm

I know the update of one person only. HO asked him some questions same and talked to employer on phone and asked questions. He got extension same day. Thanks

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:27 pm

jackgalet wrote:I know the update of one person only. HO asked him some questions same and talked to employer on phone and asked questions. He got extension same day. Thanks
ok..i know the update from a person who applied through priority service and they asked information from his emplyer and issue the visa on the same day they recieved the information.

But you know it was december holiday and may be f or some other reason they are making it lengthy. But i heard if you submit the requested information proeprly and genuienly then you will get it eventually. All the best and please give us the update.

jackgalet
Newly Registered

Post by jackgalet » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:49 pm

Sure dear I will update here.

Also, HO told me that due to Christmas and New Year holidays it will take some time to process. Then they say after submitting the information it will take ten working days.

When I called them last week they said it will take atleast 8 weeks. So now I am just waiting and praying to God.

Thanks for all your help.

jackgalet
Newly Registered

Post by jackgalet » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:53 pm

They asked me to send P60 forms of all the years . I send my all P60 and also six months pay slips with employer stamp and bank statements as additional docs from my side. Thanks

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:01 pm

jackgalet wrote:They asked me to send P60 forms of all the years . I send my all P60 and also six months pay slips with employer stamp and bank statements as additional docs from my side. Thanks
Ya we have no toher options than waiting and praying ..Hope it will be good. So total how many weeks passed so far? And they need another 8 weeks or total?

jackgalet
Newly Registered

Post by jackgalet » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:21 pm

GMO wrote:
jackgalet wrote:
Ya we have no toher options than waiting and praying ..Hope it will be good. So total how many weeks passed so far? And they need another 8 weeks or total?
When I applied in person that day they said send all p60 by post within 10 working days. And also said they will email my employer and ask for job details. They said after getting all info it will take ten working days. And due to Christmas and new year holidays it can take little longer.

Then I submitted my docs before ten days. They send an email to my employer and ask job details questions and reply within 28 days. If not received any reply after two weeks of sending email then they will send a reminder to employer . My employer replied to them after few days. But now I m still waiting. Then last week I called HO and they said now application is not premium service anymore and need to wait for maximum 8 weeks just like standard service. They said on submitting additional docs it takes time. It's so irritating to wait for so long.

Thanks dear

jackgalet
Newly Registered

Post by jackgalet » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:23 pm

It's already over a month of submitting the docs and replying email.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:02 pm

jackgalet wrote:It's already over a month of submitting the docs and replying email.
Ya i understand dear. Its stressful and frustrating ..We have no choice. Same here its been over a month i have submitted the docs. Hope all will be wwell at the end.

alyka25
Newly Registered

Post by alyka25 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:07 pm

Hi!

I am in the same situation - my visa extension is on hold. HO sent exactly the same questions. Is it common practice now? How detailed should all the question be answered? I am so nervous....

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:56 pm

I believe HO ask question to verify whethere the emplyment is geniune or not! I recieved my visa recently after answering the queries.. but you have to keep patience and it takes time. I know its very stressful though! FYI, i wait tmore than a month after my emplyer submitting the additoanal quries.

If your answers are geniunne and appropriate then you dont have to worry. You will eventually get it.

All the Very Best.

nasmc92
Mood:

Post by nasmc92 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:47 pm

I am in the same situation but not sure is it on Hold or what they are doing.

Applied 30th September for extension, same job role and same company. did receive biometric letter dated 6th october and it was done on 7th oct. SInce then no reply or correspondece from HO.
I have called several times and all I have been informed that last time HO written to you was 6th Oct. over the phone I have been advised that HO has not written any other letter neither they are waiting for any reply for my file but still no decision.

I t has been 4 months and 10 days

My employer has written twice to HO regarding my application as I had to go europe but no reply

My employer did send an email to MP in December and he had replied in first week of Jan that he has written to secretate state for further information. It has been more than 1 month that MP has not even updated.

From this post I can see that HO is writting to employers and asking more information but in my case they have not written or asked for further information.

really stressfull

tomdavis

Post by tomdavis » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:08 am

alyka25 wrote:Hi!

I am in the same situation - my visa extension is on hold. HO sent exactly the same questions. Is it common practice now? How detailed should all the question be answered? I am so nervous....

I THINK ITS A COMMIN PRACTICE NOW. I have heard the home office is asking additional documents and questions from employers now a days. MY EMPLOYER SENT A PROPER DETAILED INFORMATION WITH FULL explanation OF EVERYTHING. I M JUST WAITING . STILL WAITING FOR the VISA.

THESE ARE THE STANDARD QUESTIONS THEY ARE ASKING TO TIER 2 extension applicants.

tomdavis

Post by tomdavis » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:43 pm

tomdavis wrote:
alyka25 wrote:Hi!

I think you should write a letter to the home office and ask them about your application update/progress/status and request them to process it soon. That's what I m planning to do now.

vaithayalan
Newly Registered

Post by vaithayalan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:27 pm

i applied at premium service for my tier 2 (general ) Extensions on last monday 13-02-2017 . My apilcation also on hold and then they asked 3 question to my employer.

To help us progress his application please can you provided the following information;

1. A detailed tailored job description for the applicant
2. A justification for the need of this position
3. An explanation for why the registered office address is residential.

my employer said he will reply to HO by next week.

My employer used same information as from my previous COS, still i wonder why they want to clarify for extension. what will happen next if they are not satisfy from my employer response.