ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirements - FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sankyb84

English Language Requirements - FLR (M)

Post by sankyb84 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:25 pm

All

Apologies if this has been discussed and confirmed in another thread (I went through some and couldn't find something very direct and specific)

Can you please advise what is required exactly to be produced in relation to my wife applying for extension to stay as dependent spouse (I was in 5 yr Tier 1 --> ILR --> Naturalized citizen)

In her first application (July 2014), she had been able to obtain a NARIC certificate that confirmed her degree was taught in English and that if was equivalent to CEFR C1 category.

Can anyone please confirm that she is no longer able to use the same Degree certificate + NARIC certificate for her extension next year? Does she need to re-apply for another NARIC certificate?

Appreciate the response
Sankyb

Apologies again if this was already clarified elsewhere!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: English Language Requirements - FLR (M)

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:30 pm

If she is a tier 1 dependent, why is she switching to flr (m)?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sankyb84

Post by sankyb84 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:12 pm

Hi CR001

When she applied for her visa to come to UK, I was in my ILR so she has always been a spouse dependent

Regards
Santosh

sankyb84

Post by sankyb84 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:23 pm

Hello all / CR001

Can you please help with the below query? I read on the following link that my wife in order to apply for an extension can either take a test or can get a NARIC certificate. Can you please advise if this understanding is correct?

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/ ... of-english

Please let me know if we can re-apply for the NARIC certificate and use that for FLR (M) application

Regards
Sankyb

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:39 pm

She can use NARIC, but she needs the UKVI NARIC ELA.

https://uknaric.org/2015/01/30/uk-naric ... lications/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sankyb84

Post by sankyb84 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:24 pm

Hi CR001

Sorry for bothering you with this - on the UK NARIC request for the Visa and Nationality service they are now asking for a letter from the University confirming the college my wife studied at is taught in English!!

She currently has a letter from the College stating her degree was taught in English (the Degree certificate does not have the college name in it) - which UK NARIC are not trying to link

If I am unable to get the additional documents over to them, can you please advise if my wife can book the below test to meet her english requirements for FLR(m) application?

IELTS A1 Life Skills

Regards
Sankyb84

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:26 pm

She can book the test at an HO approved centre instead.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sankyb84

Post by sankyb84 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:46 pm

Thanks CR001

Yes I see that she can book a listening and speaking test for GESE Grade A2 at Trinity College immediately so I will go for that

Its also interesting to note that for Spouse extension they are only asking for listening and speaking test rather than the whole test

Let me know if you disagree with anything (but as always thanks for your help!!)

Regards
Sankyb84

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:48 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)