ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsuccessful applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by babe_khyber » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:16 pm

Dear Orakzai,
I think you are a new in this board. I am the most senior applicant of this board and I had done everything which is I can but unfortunately nothing can helped. I was applied in Feb 2014 and the home office delayed decision for years. Even the MP were involved. Solicitor were also involved but not unhelpful. After 2 year and half they refused my application. Then applied for reconsideration application in last year June 2016. And up till now we are still waiting for decision no time frame. Here is some one in the board were also acting like same as the home office degreading people but nothing can I do this is beyond our hand. My personal point of view is that the home office has started beloved and discrimination for Spacially some Nationality. No body or Organisation can care about migrants that is why. Anyway cantact your MP and complaint it through website.
We don't have any hope from the home office.
Babe khyber

orakzai1
Newly Registered

Post by orakzai1 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:28 pm

Thanks Babe Khyber
It is frustating that their ignorance cost us time and money and british people at my work was complaining about passport renewal was very expensive !!! Huff
I have paid thousands of pounds for my 11 yr legal stay in this country having to apply for visa around every 6 months to an year when i change jobs in the nhs.
I am considering reapplying under one non-custodial sentence but 3 years has not lapsed rule (exceptional grant under section 10(b) of Chapter 18, Annex D) in may this year again if no reconsideration result by then, another 1200 down the drain. Although my one FPN (fixed plenty notice) from 2015 shouldnt be considered non custodial offence in the first place.
by the way how to u get hold of ur local mp. I known they dont give any lift back home!!! and what website should i complaint. thanks

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:57 pm

Dear Orakzai,
Should you check in your MP in this site through your postal address.
http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/

And Secondly you can complaint submitted through ukvi site.
public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure
Best wishes
Babe khyber

anana12027
Newly Registered

Post by anana12027 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:03 am

babe_khyber wrote:Dear Orakzai,
I think you are a new in this board. I am the most senior applicant of this board and I had done everything which is I can but unfortunately nothing can helped. I was applied in Feb 2014 and the home office delayed decision for years. Even the MP were involved. Solicitor were also involved but not unhelpful. After 2 year and half they refused my application. Then applied for reconsideration application in last year June 2016. And up till now we are still waiting for decision no time frame. Here is some one in the board were also acting like same as the home office degreading people but nothing can I do this is beyond our hand. My personal point of view is that the home office has started beloved and discrimination for Spacially some Nationality. No body or Organisation can care about migrants that is why. Anyway cantact your MP and complaint it through website.
We don't have any hope from the home office.
Babe khyber
Hi I'm still waiting as well but is it possible to ask HO to return the document and tell them I don't want reconsideration any more and put a new naturalisation through??

Ana1986
Newly Registered

Post by Ana1986 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:43 am

Hi
I'm really disappointed and fed up waiting sooo long. I have been waiting to be a British citizen sine January 2016 - I sent my an form and was shocking refusal letter in Feb. Afterwards I applied for reconsideration and waiting again.. been 12 years in this country.... don't know how long I will have to wait.. made a complaint to Home Office, and going to contact my solicitor hope at least I will receive my papers back including my passport....

anana12027
Newly Registered

Post by anana12027 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:56 am

I'm thinking of giving HO another month or so and if I haven't heard from them ask them to send my document and application back as I don't want reconsideration any more. I will then pay and put new naturalisation application through. I have been told that I was rejected in the first place due to the lack of evidence so now I have all the evidence but my question is could asking from HO to stop reconsideration and send my docs back affect my chances of applying for new Naturalisation??

anana12027
Newly Registered

Post by anana12027 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:04 am

Ana1986 wrote:Hi
I'm really disappointed and fed up waiting sooo long. I have been waiting to be a British citizen sine January 2016 - I sent my an form and was shocking refusal letter in Feb. Afterwards I applied for reconsideration and waiting again.. been 12 years in this country.... don't know how long I will have to wait.. made a complaint to Home Office, and going to contact my solicitor hope at least I will receive my papers back including my passport....
I'm so sorry to hear about your situation did they tell you why you were refused initially?

Ana1986
Newly Registered

Post by Ana1986 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:55 pm

My application was rejected due to the error of a poorly - trained case worker who by mistake took the issuance of my permanent residence card as the date when I accuired permanent residence in the UK. In the letter also asked me to wait another year to apply for BC, even I've been living in this country for 12 years. I called my lawyer today as I have been waiting so long for reconsideration with silly error of a case worker I won't give up... on Monday we going to send pre action protocol so it will hopefully speed the things up. Fingers crossed...

orakzai1
Newly Registered

Post by orakzai1 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:02 pm

Hi
How did ur lawyer agreed to prevent action protocol as that mean u will take them to court via judicial review.review . a I right? Many people have told to wait and u can't have judicial review unless they are refused u case with no appeal. In ur case it's still under consideration. Sorry for causing confusion.

Ana1986
Newly Registered

Post by Ana1986 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:35 pm

I will have to wait till Monday.. I'm for sending the pre procotcol, think the last word will have the lawyer tho.

orakzai1
Newly Registered

Post by orakzai1 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:43 am

Hi Ana
have u sent the pre action protocol by your Lawers? Thanks

Ana1986
Newly Registered

Post by Ana1986 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:31 pm

My NR application was successful and I was granted the British citizenship!!!
Good luck for everyone who still waiting!!

anana12027
Newly Registered

Post by anana12027 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:54 am

Ana1986 wrote:My NR application was successful and I was granted the British citizenship!!!
Good luck for everyone who still waiting!!
Congratulations it's all worth it then best of luck with your future endeavours

Ana1986
Newly Registered

Post by Ana1986 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:35 pm

Thank you.

Today I received all my dococuments back and among them I found the life in the uk test letter -original one. I heard that Home Office keep the original Liuk documents and don't send them back.
Shall I send liuk back on home office or just leave it?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:38 pm

Ana1986 wrote:Thank you.

Today I received all my dococuments back and among them I found the life in the uk test letter -original one. I heard that Home Office keep the original Liuk documents and don't send them back.
Shall I send liuk back on home office or just leave it?
Just leave it, you won't need again anyway but can keep as a momento of your journey.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ana1986
Newly Registered

Post by Ana1986 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:51 pm

Thanx just wonder why Home Office don't keep them anymore? Or opposite I don't want to be in trouble for a document which should be for HO.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:54 pm

Ana1986 wrote:Thanx just wonder why Home Office don't keep them anymore? Or opposite I don't want to be in trouble for a document which should be for HO.
Likely sent back to you in error but what HO actually does with them is anyone's guess. Probably confidentially destroyed anyway. You won't get into trouble. There have been a small number of members reporting they got them back and no issues were reported.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ana1986
Newly Registered

Post by Ana1986 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:02 pm

Thank you again for all your help!

mmc

Post by mmc » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:06 pm

Ana1986 wrote:Thank you again for all your help!
Many congrates.

I have submitted my NR in Oct 2016, and still waiting for the result as I have no hope, but see what they say?
MMC

anana12027
Newly Registered

Post by anana12027 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:28 pm

I have submitted my NR in Oct 2016, and still waiting for the result as I have no hope, but see what they say?[/quote]

I have sent my application in November 2016 and still waiting... called HomeOffice on Friday and asked about time scale I was looking at and she said that there is no limit and it could take as long as they want... :(

nahmadkhan
Newly Registered

Post by nahmadkhan » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:27 pm

Hi every one.This is my first post. I have been refused my BC application, needs some help.

I have been on tier 2 for 5 years. In 2013 when i applied for my tier 2 extension, it was refused as my employer put wrong wages on my COS. I received my refusal letter dated 09.09.2013 with 12 september 2013 as deemed date of service. I applied for a fresh tier 2 application and got my visa granted on 08.10.2013. Then susequently i got my ILR approved in october 2015 as well,

Now in my BC application they objected that "i have breached my immigration status as from 14/08/2013 when application for leave was refused to 8/10/2013 when i was granted my leave again."
Looks like they just checked my record and as my first tier 2 visa was valid untill 14.08.2013 and i made my extension application well in time and got the decision on 9.09.2013 and subsequently granted the visa in my second application made before the 28 days period. I am not sure how i had tier 2 extension and then ILR granted and got my BC refused.

any help suggestion please and if i go for NR what are the chances of success and should i do it myself or use a solicitor. many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:47 pm

nahmadkhan wrote:Hi every one.This is my first post. I have been refused my BC application, needs some help.

I have been on tier 2 for 5 years. In 2013 when i applied for my tier 2 extension, it was refused as my employer put wrong wages on my COS. I received my refusal letter dated 09.09.2013 with 12 september 2013 as deemed date of service. I applied for a fresh tier 2 application and got my visa granted on 08.10.2013. Then susequently i got my ILR approved in october 2015 as well,

Now in my BC application they objected that "i have breached my immigration status as from 14/08/2013 when application for leave was refused to 8/10/2013 when i was granted my leave again."
Looks like they just checked my record and as my first tier 2 visa was valid untill 14.08.2013 and i made my extension application well in time and got the decision on 9.09.2013 and subsequently granted the visa in my second application made before the 28 days period. I am not sure how i had tier 2 extension and then ILR granted and got my BC refused.

any help suggestion please and if i go for NR what are the chances of success and should i do it myself or use a solicitor. many thanks
Don't confuse the immigration RULES for ILR and the LAWS for British Citizenship. What is acceptable as overstay for ILR is not for BC. The Good Character requirement for BC is far more strict.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

nahmadkhan
Newly Registered

Post by nahmadkhan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:52 pm

Hi CR001,

thanks for your reply and time you took.
let me explain this again, my BC application was refused because of breach of immigration laws. Let me explain you what i think happened, the officer probably looked at my visa dates and seen that my visa got expired on 14/08/2013 and then visa was granted on 8/10/2013. Thinking that its more than 28 days and refused my application.

But in reality i applied well in time before the expiry of my visa that is 14/08/2013. Got a decision on 9/09/2013 with deemed date of service 12/09/2013. I reapply straight after the 10 days of appeal period, as advised by the solicitor, and it was a priority application and got visa approved on 09/10/2013. if we count from 12/09/2013 to 09/10/2013, its less then 28 days, how my bc been refused on the basis that i breach immigration rules?

can you comment please! thanks in advance!

StachuCoventry
Newly Registered

Post by StachuCoventry » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:22 pm

Hello everyone. I am new here and this is my first post. I apologize if this issue has been posted elsewhere before but I could not find anything related to my case here.

I am a polish native who applied for British Citizenship 4 months ago via Nationality Checking Service provided by my local council.
I live in the UK since 2008 and have applied and received EEA Residence Certificate on July 2016.
The information on the governmental website https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-cer ... -residence states that I am eligible to apply for citizenship even though my Residence Certificate is only 7 months old.

So I provided NCS representative with all the necessary documents covering my 8 years of residence(no gaps), P60's, passport, residence certificate, Life in the UK and Trinity College English speaking certificate.

As the NCS representative is authorized to authenticate my personal documents she had scanned all the documents and ONLY too took the original Life in the UK test certificate and put it all inside the envelope. I filled out the payment form and got a receipt for it. Week later I received a letter and sent my Biometrics and didn't hear anything from HO for the next 4 months.

Today I have received a letter from HO today that my application for UK Citizenship has been rejected!
The reason for this is (according to HO representative) - 'not providing a document certifying permanent residence issued by Home Office'.

I might be wrong, but for the past 5 hours I was researching all the governmental websites for this particular information to send original EEA Residence Certificate when sending the form with NCS representative but I can find no proof of such requirement!

Now, I believe that I am not at fault here. Is it the HO person who was reviewing my application being wrong and untrained or could it be NCS representative fault by not checking documents and not sending the original EEA RC?!

I mean, every NCS website I checked stated that the representative will scan all personal documents as they are authorized to authenticate it. There is nothing mentioned about sending original documents apart of Manchester NCS website but they state that the only original document they need to send is Life in the UK Test. http://www.manchester.gov.uk/info/20000 ... ng_service

Could anyone advise me what are my options?

I am really disgusted with the outcome! Should I simply send NR reconsideration form and pay extra £272 on top of what I already payed only to hope that HO will not be in denial? Or should I pursue this case further, get an immigration lawyer and sue NCS for costs of my unsuccessful application (£1236 + costs of appointment and UK passport application)?

Any sort of advise would be much appreciated guys, thank you.

ffion
Newly Registered

Post by ffion » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:02 pm

Registration Certificate (RC) and document certifying permanent residence (DCPR) are two different documents - which one did you submit with your application? You need DCPR for the British Citizenship application.