ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advanced Stage - What does it really mean?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

iCloud
- thin ice -

Re: Advanced Stage - What does it really mean?

Post by iCloud » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:39 pm

o365 wrote:Hi All

Got the same answer a week before as already got second stage letter around 30th November, being advised after an email for an update on 6th Feb 2017 that application is still at stage where they are viewieng to establishing whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.
It means apparently advance stage to me ? anyone similar case / or response

good luck to all
thanks
@ o365

You application is still at second stage of processing. http://immigration-ireland.com/viewtopi ... 4394764e78

Will you please share your time line on this thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... 79-20.html

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:44 pm

llvlludi wrote:@ indianzeppelin

Good news, could you share with us once you received letter.

@ The M

As you have moved to advanced stage, its mean you will get approval in coming weeks. Good luck buddy
A friend of my got his approval today who used to be very active participant on this forum.

The_Mentiad

Post by The_Mentiad » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:06 pm

iCloud wrote:

@ The M

As you have moved to advanced stage, its mean you will get approval in coming weeks. Good luck buddy
A friend of my got his approval today who used to be very active participant on this forum.
Is that J Karim?
Congrats too indianzepplin!!!! I saw the good news in the other thread.

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:14 pm

The_Mentiad wrote:
iCloud wrote:

@ The M

Is that J Karim?
Yes.

The_Mentiad

Post by The_Mentiad » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:17 pm

Please send him my congratulations if you speak with him again. I have missed him here in the past weeks.
iCloud wrote:
The_Mentiad wrote:
iCloud wrote:
Is that J Karim?
Yes.

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:27 pm

iCloud wrote:A friend of my got his approval today who used to be very active participant on this forum. - Written by "iCloud"

Is that J Karim? - Written by "The_Mentiad"

Yes. - Written by "iCloud"

I will indeed @The_Mentiad - Written by "iCloud"

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:28 pm

Syjem wrote:Folks,
Would anyone has an idea why it could take too long for an application to move into the second stage
Here is my time line
Application based on 5 year residency (stamp3&Stamp4) old form
Application Date: 05 August 2016
1st Acknowledgment Date:20 Sept 2016
Second stage letter : 03 February 2017
Congrats to everyone who got his approval today.
Could any of you guys answer my question
is there any particular reason why I got my second stage letter after long waiting (almost 6 months)?
I got the letter with a request to submit my up to date GNIB card

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:34 pm

Syjem wrote:
Would anyone has an idea why it could take too long for an application to move into the second stage
Here is my time line
is there any particular reason why I got my second stage letter after long waiting (almost 6 months)?
@ Syjem
There is no particular reasons that it took so long, at least it is a good sign that they requested you for up to date GNIB card which means your application is moving. My application took 9 months to go to the second stage.

I think your approval is not that far. Keep faith on God, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:21 pm

iCloud wrote: A friend of mine got his approval today who used to be very active participant on this forum.
The_Mentiad wrote: Is that J Karim?
iCloud wrote: Yes
The_Mentiad wrote: Please send him my congratulations if you speak with him again. I have missed him here in the past weeks.
iCloud wrote: @The_Mentiad, I just passed your congratulation to him, he is so delighted that you still remembered him, he wishes a very good luck to you and all forum members who are waiting for approval on this forum.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:33 pm

iCloud wrote:
Syjem wrote:
Here is my time line
@ Syjem
There is no particular reasons that it took so long, at least it is a good sign that they requested you for up to date GNIB card which means your application is moving. My application took 9 months to go to the second stage.

I think your approval is not that far. Keep faith on God, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Thanks ICloud for your respond.
I hope to get my approval soon as the six month time-frame has already elapsed. I will be very happy if I can be listed for the April ceremony.

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:33 am

@ icloud,

Very happy to hear that J Karim got his approval. He was the one who kept this forum alive, unfortunately he got banned.

Quite alot of people getting approvals this month, do you reckon they will keep sending approval until middle of March?

I am not hopeful for my approval, maybe next ceremony will bring some good news for me.

Good luck everyone, guys keep updating.
!) Application date 19 Feb 2016, Based on 5 year residency, Spouse of EU
!) First letter 16 March 2016 - further letter 15 April 2016 asked for additional letter.
!) 2nd stage letter on August 2016

The_Mentiad

Post by The_Mentiad » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:17 am

llvlludi wrote:@ icloud,
Very happy to hear that J Karim got his approval. He was the one who kept this forum alive, unfortunately he got banned.
Agree... it is hard waiting for these approvals to come in and him engaging with everyone like he did really helped take the stress off. Also, I was unclear about the GNIB card and its necessity. If it wasn't for his help I might not be even continuing this process. So I am very grateful. I coincidentally saw his 2nd banning in real time and read some mod posts that were since deleted. My own personal impression is that it was all merely a language misunderstanding. Human we all are, I guess.
llvlludi wrote: Quite alot of people getting approvals this month, do you reckon they will keep sending approval until middle of March?
I hope so. I read something, I cant remember where, where Citz said they issue invitations four to six weeks before the ceremony. Now, that was for an older ceremony, I believe, and I am sure essentially it comes down to filling the ceremony and then moving on to the next task at hand. I for one and hoping they do indeed keep sending invitations out until at least mid, if not late march. I think I will personally need that much up my sleeve to make it to the April 21st list.
llvlludi wrote: I am not hopeful for my approval, maybe next ceremony will bring some good news for me.
Fingers crossed everything moves smoothly for you here on in.

Ali0857
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Ali0857 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:52 pm

I applied in nov 2015 ..LoL i think im the unluckiest one here .
Anytime i send thm an email i got same samo replies (still in process ) thn they asked me for update GNIB .

So i got a approval letter and i send a copy of the letter to citizenship department and they send me a Knwdmnt letter the next day Sayin ( when i get my GNIB card so send thm a copy )

Now my appointment in end of February :) then I'll send thm a copy and i dont knw if i have chance for this ceremony or not .

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:40 am

llvlludi wrote:@ icloud,
First of all sorry for replying late, I was a bit busy with personal work. Ya, it was very sad that some smart moderator banned him even though he didn't do anything wrong against forum's terms and condition.
llvlludi wrote: Quite alot of people getting approvals this month, do you reckon they will keep sending approval until middle of March?
I have a feeling they will still send approvals even middle of March as I have seen it in 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016's Citizenship Approvals thread that peoples were getting approval 2/3 weeks before schedule ceremony date. So there is a hope. If you do get it before the closer the ceremony date, you may not be invited for the ceremony but your approval will be on your hand.
llvlludi wrote: I am not hopeful for my approval, maybe next ceremony will bring some good news for me.
I can feel your pain, I know how hard it is when you waiting for something for long time as I already passed those times. Sometimes for unknown reasons, some application got delayed. Keep faith on God, good thing comes to them who waits. You will definitely get it.

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:16 pm

Ali0857 wrote:I applied in nov 2015 ..LoL i think im the unluckiest one here .
Anytime i send thm an email i got same samo replies (still in process ) thn they asked me for update GNIB .

So i got a approval letter and i send a copy of the letter to citizenship department and they send me a Knwdmnt letter the next day Sayin ( when i get my GNIB card so send thm a copy )

Now my appointment in end of February :) then I'll send thm a copy and i dont knw if i have chance for this ceremony or not .
@Ali0857,

I think you already shared your time line somewhere, do you mind to share it again on this thread:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... 22579.html

If you don't mind if I ask you, if you have any conviction or went to the court for any silly things. As you already know or seen my timeline where I mention that I had speeding conviction and took 13 months to get my approval. They only start moving my approval in the middle of December 2016 when I sent them a letter of remorse. If you do share it with us only if you have it, it may help others to know what exactly delaying your application and can advise you.

o365

Post by o365 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:46 pm

Ali0857 wrote:I applied in nov 2015 ..LoL i think im the unluckiest one here .

@Ali0857

Good to hear that you got i queried this before if getting approval means will get invitation in April2017 i got the following response off citzinfo :
You should try and get your payment in via the end of March 2017 to stand a
good chance of being invited to attend the upcoming ceremony

still waiting

o365

Post by o365 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:28 am

Hi all

Requested an update from dept sent them last email on 5th Feb just got a reply :D doesn't seem impressive
As previously advised, your application is currently being processed. This
office does not currently require any further information or documentation
from you at this time. While it is not possible to give an exact time frame,
this office will be in touch as soon as a decision has been reached.

Nothing NEW seems they are pissed off :oops:
Good luck to allll

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:31 pm

Just a quick question, Who replied your email? is it John or Nail?

I got reply from Nail on 18th Jan that my file is getting ready to submit to minister, it has not been sent yet

On 8th Feb and 21st Feb, John replied to me " your application continues to be processed"

I was happy to hear from Nail, at least it looked like my file is moving But in Feb John disappointed me, did not leave any hope for me to attend this ceremony :D
!) Application date 19 Feb 2016, Based on 5 year residency, Spouse of EU
!) First letter 16 March 2016 - further letter 15 April 2016 asked for additional letter.
!) 2nd stage letter on August 2016

The_Mentiad

Post by The_Mentiad » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:05 am

llvlludi wrote: I was happy to hear from Nail, at least it looked like my file is moving But in Feb John disappointed me, did not leave any hope for me to attend this ceremony :D
I would, personally speaking, try to resist putting too much stock in these emails. I think they just hit an auto reply button with a premade script and they don't necessarily mean much. Sometimes, sure, people have reported getting personal updates where you can tell the clerk has truly considered their case. Most of these though, I think, amount to the office saying "go away and leave us alone we haven't finished processing". Fair play to them, they do say on their letters please don't contact us, we will contact you. But I am the same, I really want to wring all the data I can from each corresponence. I am just not sure in the end if it means much of anything. Keep your fingers crossed for another couple of weeks at least, it ain't over until the fat lady sings.

o365

Post by o365 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:28 pm

llvlludi wrote:Just a quick question, Who replied your email? is it John or Nail?

I got reply from Nail on 18th Jan that my file is getting ready to submit to minister, it has not been sent yet

On 8th Feb and 21st Feb, John replied to me " your application continues to be processed"

I was happy to hear from Nail, at least it looked like my file is moving But in Feb John disappointed me, did not leave any hope for me to attend this ceremony :D

@llvlludi

True i agree Nail gave me detailed answer earlier, this was my 3rd email to department all together in span of around 6 months of my application. But as the last post we should leave them alone :D and keep fingers crossed.

Good Luck still hope to hear something in next week!!!!!!!!!!!

o365

Post by o365 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:17 pm

Hi All

Any recent approvals !!!!! forum goes very quite...
do we still have chance to get approvals?
Any thoughts?

Good Luckk

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:43 pm

o365 wrote:Hi All

Any recent approvals !!!!! forum goes very quite...
do we still have chance to get approvals?
Any thoughts?

Good Luckk
Hi o365,

I guess they may release few approvals within next 2-3 weeks.

The_Mentiad

Post by The_Mentiad » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:44 pm

Nothing here. Maybe just want to hold out a little while longer so as to give us something to celebrate on Paddy's day!

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:57 pm

I don't think they are gonna to release more approvals soon, I've emailed them on Monday and got the following answer "Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible". I applied on 03-08-2017 and got my second stage letter on 03/02/2017, they didn't request any further documents or anything just delay in processing the application. I am not sure but I believe the place of living play a role in the process as most of friends who are living in Dublin and have similar timeline got approval, I am living in Cork and I think they will have a separate ceremony for those living out of Dublin

The_Mentiad

Post by The_Mentiad » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:20 am

Syjem wrote:I don't think they are gonna to release more approvals soon,
They are definitely going to be releasing more approvals. It could be this coming week. They do them in batches, which is why we tend to see no activity on the board and then suddently a bunch of people will pop up with approvals all in the same week. We are about due for another round by my reckoning.
Syjem wrote:I applied on 03-08-2017 and got my second stage letter on 03/02/2017,
That you got your second stage letter on 3/2 means it wont probably be until May. That is a long time between first and second letter, but reading over all the old cases makes me think that is not so unusual. Unfortunately I doubt that the fact it took longer between first and second letters will mean that your processing time from second letter to approval will be more rapid to compensate. I think you are looking at May and the next ceremony after April.