ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few questions in my Tier 2 Application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

manibest
Newly Registered

Few questions in my Tier 2 Application

Post by manibest » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:41 pm

Hi,

I am going to apply for my tier 2 general visa in order to change my employer. I have a few questions in this regard.

But before I put my questions forward, my situation is that:
1) I have been on Tier 2 general visa since 12 Feb 2012, hence, it has been 5 years on this visa (Time to apply for ILR). My current visa is valid until 26 Feb 2018.
2) In my current job, I am not earning the minimum salary required for ILR, hence, I am changing my sponsor/job to meet the minimum salary.
3)

Questions to follow:

1) My sponsor has mentioned 5 years on the CoS from 01 March 2017 to 29 February 2022, whereas I need only 1 year of sponsorship as I will complete my 6 years in Feb 2018. What dates should I mention in below fields for health surcharge:
1.1) Work Start Date
1.2) Work End Date

2) Provided I have already covered my 5 years on Tier 2 General, How soon is it recommended to apply for ILR after I start my new job paying £35K?

3) I am wondering to go to a premier service desk to get visa on same day, whereas my sponsor suggested to use the 10 days Priority service. which option should I go for and does it may any impact on my application?

4) Please inform if I am missing anything in order to make my application as smooth as possible.

Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Few questions in my Tier 2 Application

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:47 pm

1. You apply for a visa duration the same as your CoS and IHS too.

2. One month payslip is required.

3. Makes no difference which option you go for and has no 'impact' either. It is your choice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

manibest
Newly Registered

Post by manibest » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:05 am

Thank you CR001 for your response.

1) If I use the same work start and work end dates as in my CoS (5 years duration), the IHS will charge me £1000 for 5 years. But in reality Tier 2 general cannot be extended beyond a maximum of 6 years and My 6 years will complete in Feb 2018. Will they charge me only £200 or will they charge me £1000 and I will have to ask for refund of £800 later?

Thanks again

manibest
Newly Registered

Post by manibest » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Please could somebody respond to my above query, copying below:

1) If I use the same work start and work end dates as in my CoS (5 years duration), the IHS will charge me £1000 for 5 years. But in reality Tier 2 general cannot be extended beyond a maximum of 6 years and My 6 years will complete in Feb 2018. Will they charge me only £200 or will they charge me £1000 and I will have to ask for refund of £800 later?

Awaiting a kind response.

kishorselokar
Newly Registered

Post by kishorselokar » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:49 pm

Dear,

Tier 2 General visa is issued for maximum of 6 years therefore you have to pay Health surcharge only for remaining years (that is remaining years x GBP200),
However if you pay more amount then Home Office normally refund it without refund application (based on my personal experience).

I hope this helps

Regards
Kishor

sunny007

Post by sunny007 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:07 pm

manibest wrote:Please could somebody respond to my above query, copying below:

Awaiting a kind response.
After 4.5 years ask from your company to issue you a 1 year COS , and then apply online, when you put your start and end date in the application( according to COS ) then at the end of the application it will calculate automatically based on the dates you have Put there, if dates are within 1 year then you will charge 200 pound.