ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Public Funds for Sponsor

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrvindu
Newly Registered

Public Funds for Sponsor

Post by mrvindu » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:49 am

Hello All,

I and my wife both have Permanent Residence(ILR)

My son born in India, I had to sponsor him and he got ILE (nothing mentioned about public funds)

Now my circumstances are changed, and I am in a jobless position, I want to claim Jobseeker allowance.

Is it illegal to claim jobseeker after beeing sponsor to my son?

I have checked in few places,
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _v13.0.pdf

In page 28 it says Sponsor or Sponsered is not allowed claim benefits.
But, on Page 50 it says, If public funds are claimed by the sponsor without using the sponsor name, then it is acceptable.

As far as I know Jobseeker Allowance is based on me and my wife, does this mean I can claim Jobseeker allowance legally, isn't it?

Many Thanks in Advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Public Funds for Sponsor

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:51 am

You can claim as you have ILR.

ILE is Indefinite Leave to Enter = same status as ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrvindu
Newly Registered

Post by mrvindu » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:26 pm

Hello

Thanks for the reply.

I and My wife got ILR and my son got ILE.

Can I actually apply for other benefits like Housing, child tax credits, child benefits etc?

I am confused because I signed Sponsorship undertaking form, it says sponsored person is no recourse to public funds until the period of 5 years even after getting permanent basis leave.

I have contacted Benefits department, they are not much aware of such things.

is there any email to contact UKBA or anyone related to this matter?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:38 pm

Why did you sign the SU07 form? It is not required for spouses or children.

You can only claim what you qualify for based on your income and circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jakfzs77

Post by jakfzs77 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:13 am

Hi Dear ALL,

I am writing to you guys regarding to know that if we am Claiming HB can this effect my visa Extension in April 2019.

Back Ground:

My husband is British Citizen and I am on spouse visa for 30 month. we are claiming HB. I wonder can this effect my visa extension in April 2019. Any one please explain. I am aware that as British my husband can claim but not me.

We are getting HB 135 pounds every two weeks from Oct 16 till. I wonder they given us HB as Husband and wife. I am think is it ok if I call HB Office and tell them that me not eligible to claim any benefits or I shall stop claiming HB Benefits and apply on my husband name only.

I am bit confused so if anyone help me regarding that really thankful to them.

Kind Regards
Jakfzs

mrvindu
Newly Registered

Post by mrvindu » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:54 am

CR001 wrote:Why did you sign the SU07 form? It is not required for spouses or children.

Signing SU07 is part of the application, without signing we can not submit the application.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:07 am

mrvindu wrote:
CR001 wrote:Why did you sign the SU07 form? It is not required for spouses or children.

Signing SU07 is part of the application, without signing we can not submit the application.

Regards
It isn't a requirement for spouse visa. Unless you have selected the wrong category, i.e Other Dependent Relative.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mrvindu
Newly Registered

Post by mrvindu » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
mrvindu wrote:

Regards
It isn't a requirement for spouse visa. Unless you have selected the wrong category, i.e Other Dependent Relative.
Hello,

I applied for settlement for my son to join settled parents, I applied through online VFS and it was one of the important the thing to sign.

However I read the Public funds document in detail, it says there are exceptions to claim child benefits and child tax credits, one of the exceptions is if one of the parents is not subject to immigration, both of the parents are treated as not subject to immigration.
But, I did not get clarification regarding housing benefits.

Kind Regards
Aravind

ROMARIC
Newly Registered

Post by ROMARIC » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:00 pm

@jakfzs77-For the amount you have given, I think it is for a single, therefore they have not taken you into consideration, so there is no need to worry.

Riad82
Newly Registered

Post by Riad82 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:07 am

Hi mrvindu,

How
Did you resolve the issue. I did fill the same from for my child and wife and I am confused.

Please let me know of any outcome.

Regards,
Riad

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:12 am

Riad82 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 11:07 am
Hi mrvindu,

How
Did you resolve the issue. I did fill the same from for my child and wife and I am confused.

Please let me know of any outcome.

Regards,
Riad
Kindly refrain from digging up old topics. The user in this thread has completely different circumstances to you, both parents hold ILR and child got ILE (which is indefinite leave to enter) and they have no restrictions on claiming benefits.
Char (CR001 not Casa)