ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with VAF4A Form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Casa

Re: 6 months Bank Statements

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:13 pm

Ruislip wrote:Hello,

When submitting the application for the Fiancee Visa. my fiancee has to submit 6 months of my bank statements.

1) What is this for?

2) If there are entries into my account from a 3rd party with the name of my fiancee on them e.g. £220 for Alice. Will I need to explain these entries?

Many thanks for the help!
1. Assuming that you are posting as the sponsor, you have to show that you meet the minimum income level of £18,600 p.a. The most recent 6 months bank statements + the 6 months corresponding pay slips are mandatory.

2. Not unless you are qualifying with savings, in which case you would have to show the source of the funds.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ruislip
Newly Registered

Post by Ruislip » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:25 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am more asking in terms of:

While my fiancée has been visiting me in UK I have received multiple transactions on her behalf from a friend to help with living costs. These transactions are all entitled for 'my fiancée's name'. Will these transactions look suspicious in any way or are they more concerned with proof of how much I am earning?

I am her sponsor and do earn more than £18,600 pa. However, I have had a few large expenditures over the last 12 months so I have been sent money whilst my fiancée has been visiting me. These transactions will appear on my bank statements.

Thanks again

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:31 pm

Ruislip wrote:Thanks for the quick reply.

I am more asking in terms of:

While my fiancée has been visiting me in UK I have received multiple transactions on her behalf from a friend to help with living costs. These transactions are all entitled for 'my fiancée's name'. Will these transactions look suspicious in any way or are they more concerned with proof of how much I am earning?
Proof of earnings
I am her sponsor and do earn more than £18,600 pa. However, I have had a few large expenditures over the last 12 months so I have been sent money whilst my fiancée has been visiting me. These transactions will appear on my bank statements. Not relevant if you're not qualifying with savings.

Thanks again
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ruislip
Newly Registered

Post by Ruislip » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:37 pm

Thanks.

So just so I am clear.

You are saying I do not need an explanation why over £1,250 has entered my account addressed to my fiancée whilst she has been staying with me in UK?

I simply need proof of my earnings over the last 6 months via payslips and 6 months of bank statements?

Thank you!

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:04 pm

Ruislip wrote:Thanks.

So just so I am clear.

You are saying I do not need an explanation why over £1,250 has entered my account addressed to my fiancée whilst she has been staying with me in UK? NO

I simply need proof of my earnings over the last 6 months via payslips and 6 months of bank statements? YES + your contract of employment & a letter from your employer confirming that the employment is continuing.

Thank you!
(Casa, not CR001)

Ruislip
Newly Registered

Post by Ruislip » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:06 pm

Casa, thank you very much!

Ruislip
Newly Registered

Documents for Fiancee Visa Application

Post by Ruislip » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:35 pm

Hello,

my fiancee and I are currently compiling all of the documents that we need before she returns to her home country to apply for the Fiancee Visa.

I have a couple of questions:

For proof of accommodation:

1) I was going to ask my landlord to submit a letter verifying that I am his tenant, vouching for me as a good tenant, confirming that he has met my fiancee while she has been visiting me in the UK and saying he is happy for us to continue living in the property after we get married.

Does this letter need to be notarised/certified in any way?

2) Should I get a Property Inspection report for the flat to prove it is habitable for myself and my fiancee?

General documents:

1) I have to submit a certified copy of my passport, but the notary offices I have contacted are charging me £50 per document. Does that sound right to you? Can I not just go into any solicitors or bank and get it notarised there?

Proof or Relationship:

1) My friend is also going to submit a letter confirming that myself and my fiancee have been in a long standing relationship etc.

Does this letter need to be certified/notarised also?

Many thanks

noajthan

Re: Help with VAF4A Form

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:46 pm

Posts merged.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Ruislip
Newly Registered

6 months of bank statements

Post by Ruislip » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:37 am

Hello,

As the sponsor of my fiancee's visa application I need to submit 6 months of bank statements.

My fiancee is about to go back home to apply for the visa there.

I have a number of transactions entering my account during her visit with her name on them.

Should I explain these ingoing transactions in my covering letter?

explaining that it was a close family friend who has gotten to know my fiancee and decided to help out while she was here?

I don't want the ECO to think that I cannot support my fiancee financially.
I also don't want them to think my fiancee was in breach of her visitor visa conditions.

Can someone please advise me what is best to do in this situation?

Many thanks

Ruislip
Newly Registered

6 months of bank statements

Post by Ruislip » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:37 am

Hello,

As the sponsor of my fiancee's visa application I need to submit 6 months of bank statements.

My fiancee is about to go back home to apply for the visa there.

I have a number of transactions entering my account during her visit with her name on them.

Should I explain these ingoing transactions in my covering letter?

explaining that it was a close family friend who has gotten to know my fiancee and decided to help out while she was here?

I don't want the ECO to think that I cannot support my fiancee financially.
I also don't want them to think my fiancee was in breach of her visitor visa conditions.

Can someone please advise me what is best to do in this situation?

Many thanks

Ruislip
Newly Registered

Re: Help with VAF4A Form

Post by Ruislip » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:55 pm

Hello.

Just finalising the documents for our fiance application (I am the sponsor).

I have a couple of questions:

1) are documents considered that are dated after the date we submitted the online application? (29th January) We will submit the six months banks statements based on the 29th January submission date but I have many other documents that are dated post 29th January, will this be an issue?
Specifically I am talking about other financial documents like my HR letter from my employer confirming my salary, my statement of earnings, letter form building society confirming my savings with them etc.

2) I earn over the £18,600 and can prove it and I know I have asked this previously but I have been given a lot of conflicting information on this:

Do I need to include a covering letter to my 6 months of bank statements explaining any large transfers, expenditures, going overdrawn etc.

Many thanks for your help!