ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pregnant by non-EU partner- best route to family life in UK?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NZama1

Pregnant by non-EU partner- best route to family life in UK?

Post by NZama1 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:48 pm

Hi,

will my wife need to pay for her pregnancy treatment whilst awaiting outcome of her flr(m) application following her fiance visa switch to flr(m)??

Casa

Re: Pregnant by non-EU partner- best route to family life in

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:56 pm

NZama1 wrote:Hi,

will my wife need to pay for her pregnancy treatment whilst awaiting outcome of her flr(m) application following her fiance visa switch to flr(m)??
Your wife will be entitled to free NHS treatment when she has submitted her FLR(M) visa application and paid the £500 NHS surcharge. The hospital may ask for her IHS reference number which is issued when the NHS surcharge is paid.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

NZama1

Post by NZama1 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:26 am

Hi,

People who have paid the IHS will be entitled to NHS healthcare free of charge, as soon as their leave to remain begins.
The above statement is from maternity action.org.uk, which i believe means that whilst the first flr(m) application is being considered you are not entitled to free NHS healthcare even though you would have paid the NHS surcharge as part of the application.
I also contacted the hospital overseas manager and the said that as my wife is still technically on the fiance temporary visa untill her flr(m) application is approved she will be liable to pay for all her maternity costs even after her flr(m) is approved she will need to continue to pay up to and including her delivery date as the treatment began whilst she was technically on a fiance visa.
Could you point me in the direction of where you gathered your information from as it contradicts what i have found?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:45 am

If your wife is pregnant, why did you not apply for FLR(M) in person for a same day decision?

Once FLR(M) is granted, she is covered by free NHS regardless of 'when treatment started'.

Did she not have travel or health insurance on her fiance visa??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

NZama1

Post by NZama1 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:07 pm

Hi,

we would still have had to wait upto 6 weeks to get the appointment for applying in person in which time her hospital appointments would become due,
and unfortunatley she did not take out any insurance however after having looked into insurance most of the policies dont cover normal pregnancy anyway.
I was miss advised that once UKVI have received your flr(m) application and you have paid the nhs surcharge that from that point you can receive free nhs treatment and if your application is unsuccesfull then you are
re imbursed the nhs surcharge in addition you are liable to pay nhs bills you may have incurred whilst the application was being considered.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:14 pm

Why would you have had to wait 6 weeks for an appointment to apply in person?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

NZama1

Post by NZama1 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:24 pm

In retrospect, would have been better to do the same days service, however now that i Have made postal application I cant change that.
I guess the situation now is that any scans/ appointments she attends she would need to pay, regardless of whether she has a nhs surcharge number up until the flr(m) is approved

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:57 pm

You could try to upgrade the application to a premium one. But is is at HO's discretion to approve such a request.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... quest-form
Char (CR001 not Casa)

NZama1

Post by NZama1 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:54 pm

Hi,

option to upgrade flr(m) applications does not appear as an selection option, therfore unable to use the upgrade service unless choosing set(m) covers the same thing?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:50 pm

No, Set(M) is for ILR not for an extension application on FLR(M).
Char (CR001 not Casa)