ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 speeding tickets from abroad 27 years ago

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cotswoldsresident
Newly Registered

2 speeding tickets from abroad 27 years ago

Post by cotswoldsresident » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:25 am

I am a USA citizen who has resided in the UK for nearly 14 years, been married to a British National for 6 1/2 years. I am due to apply for British Naturalisation at a Nationality Checking Service next week. I got 2 speeding tickets with minor fines over two decades ago whilst living in USA. Unfortunately I am struggling to declare them as it was so long ago, I don't know exactly when they occurred and the records are not coming up on my own complete abstract search for them - I only did the check to find out when they were and there was nothing on my driving record. I just remember it was more than 25 years for one and about 27 years ago for the other. If the Home Office can get the details, they will be more in the know than I am about it. That uncertain position makes me feel quite uneasy. Is this something I have to worry about for getting my citizenship in the UK granted? I am sorry if that is not coming out properly, I have never posted on this or any other forum online before now. An honest and useful answer would be much appreciated!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: 2 speeding tickets from abroad 27 years ago

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:05 am

I very much doubt UKVI go to those lengths, for traffic tickets. Honestly, over 30 years ago I had one or two PCNs, didn't remember that far back when I submitted my application, no issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

orojim

Re: 2 speeding tickets from abroad 27 years ago

Post by orojim » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:09 pm

I recently had my UKM citizenship registration approved. On my application, I noted a couple of civil traffic violations decades ago here in the U.S. I stated that I couldn't remember the exact dates or even the specific offense, but that I simply paid a fine. UKVI did not ask for more info.