ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work start date with new employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mdu
Newly Registered

Work start date with new employer

Post by mdu » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:22 am

Hello,

I've applied for Tier-2 leave to remain (extension) visa through a new employer with new CoS. But the start date in CoS is 1st March 2017 whereas I received CoS on 7th Feb. There was less than a month time so I applied through priority service. But my current work place has one month notice period. I already applied for the visa and biometrics also done. Which date should be my last working day with my present employer so that not to breach immigration laws.

Thanks

rchadha123

Re: Work start date with new employer

Post by rchadha123 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:02 pm

Hi,
You should be able to continue working for your current employer until the start date on your COS i.e. 28th Feb 2017.
More experienced members please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

gokmev
Newly Registered

Re: Work start date with new employer

Post by gokmev » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:59 pm

My couple of friends experienced similar situation within the last 3 years. They both tried to negotiate their notice period with their original company to match the start date of the new company (the date on the CoS). However they weren't allowed to leave earlier. They ended up asking the new company to amend the start date in the CoS via note with SMS system.