ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

settlement spouse visa applying from India , few questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Agnieszka
Newly Registered

settlement spouse visa applying from India , few questions

Post by Agnieszka » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:03 pm

Hello everyone,

I am reading the forum some time now and found it very useful,I gained so many info from here.
We started the process of settlement visa for my husband - Indian national, I am UK permanent resident. Could someone please clarify few things to us..

1)Submitted online application on 10th February, husband got appointment in VAC in India - Hyderabad on 20th February, he is getting the originals and supporting documents to the centre, is this where he will need to drop them or supporting documents need to be send separately to Sheffield?
2)Can he use priority service from Hyderabad , there was no information about priority service when submitting online application. what is average waiting time for application ?
3) my latest bank statement shows 16.01.17 and latest salary paid in on 13.01.17 , online visa submitted on 10.02.17, are we okay for the 28 days rule ?
4) subsisting relationship, we first met in 2012 , relationship started on 2013, married 2016,I believe documentation need to start when relationship started so from 2013, we have lots of communications (all types) from 2013-now, but we did not visit each other from end of 2013 until marriage,(due to family reasons, it took 2 years until our families fully accepted our relationship), will this be an issue?
Of course, we can provide lot's of wedding photos, photos of us in India with families at the time of marriage and our Honeymoon trip, some photos of us in the UK.
5)how to answer appendix 2 question, how often do you meet? shall we state every 2 years ?
6) my husband is working full time, does he need to provide any letter from employer or bank statements?
7) my PR card, does it have to be original or certified copy ?

any advises please
I wish everyone to get reunited with their loved ones ;)

Agnieszka
Newly Registered

Black or colour printouts of communication

Post by Agnieszka » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:45 am

Anyone can help if Skype , Facebook, WhatsApp all communication proofs can be printed out with blank ink or have to be colour ??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Black or colour printouts of communication

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:45 am

It makes no difference.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Agnieszka
Newly Registered

Post by Agnieszka » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:47 am

Thanks for quick answer !

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:53 am

1)Submitted online application on 10th February, husband got appointment in VAC in India - Hyderabad on 20th February, he is getting the originals and supporting documents to the centre, is this where he will need to drop them or supporting documents need to be send separately to Sheffield?
All supporting documents to Sheffield, should be within 2 weeks of submitting online/appointment. The online system would have told you at the end what to do.
2)Can he use priority service from Hyderabad , there was no information about priority service when submitting online application. what is average waiting time for application ?
Not sure.
3) my latest bank statement shows 16.01.17 and latest salary paid in on 13.01.17 , online visa submitted on 10.02.17, are we okay for the 28 days rule ?
Should be ok.
4) subsisting relationship, we first met in 2012 , relationship started on 2013, married 2016,I believe documentation need to start when relationship started so from 2013, we have lots of communications (all types) from 2013-now, but we did not visit each other from end of 2013 until marriage,(due to family reasons, it took 2 years until our families fully accepted our relationship), will this be an issue?
Of course, we can provide lot's of wedding photos, photos of us in India with families at the time of marriage and our Honeymoon trip, some photos of us in the UK.
Possible, but marriage date is likely the key one for HO and evidence from this date onwards.
5)how to answer appendix 2 question, how often do you meet? shall we state every 2 years ?
There is not 'standard' answer. You need to answer all questions honestly based on your circumstances.
6) my husband is working full time, does he need to provide any letter from employer or bank statements?
No
7) my PR card, does it have to be original or certified copy ?
Certified copy should be fine. By PR do you mean ILR through the UK immigration route or PR through the EEA/EU route?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Agnieszka
Newly Registered

re: documents to Sheffield

Post by Agnieszka » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
All supporting documents to Sheffield, should be within 2 weeks of submitting online/appointment. The online system would have told you at the end what to do.

oh really.. I am shocked, I heard about it but this wasn't clear to me.
Could someone advise please the fastest way to send courier from India?

Are priority applications exempt from sending it to Sheffield?

thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:40 pm

You are right that priority service applicant from India is exempt from sending documents to shieffield. See below:

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/India/how_to_apply.html
Settlement applications submitted at All India Visa Application Centres (VAC) - Submitting supporting documents

From the 12 December 2016, customers applying for UK settlement should send supporting documentation directly to UKVI in Sheffield, UK by post (full postal address is below). Supporting documents will no longer be accepted at Visa Application Centres in India for any settlement applications submitted from 30 January 2017 onwards.

You or your representative/sponsor should send all supporting documents within 20 working days from biometric enrolment for standard fee applications, to the following address:

PO Box 5852
Sheffield
S11 0FX

Please note that delays in submitting these supporting documents could lead to a delay in the consideration of your application. Priority Visa applicants should not send supporting documents to Sheffield, but should continue to send all documents to the Visa Application Centre.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Agnieszka
Newly Registered

English recruitment

Post by Agnieszka » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:37 pm

Applicant has got Master degree from UK university but was doing Bachelor in India, what he needs to provide to meet the English language criteria? Will be ok to provide
original master degree or need Bachelor degree as well?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: English recruitment

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:40 pm

Can you please refrain from starting a new topic with EVERY question you have on the same application. Keep ALL your questions in THIS single topic.

See also Multiple Posts (click)

A UK issued degree will be sufficient to meet English requirement on its own.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Agnieszka
Newly Registered

Re: settlement spouse visa applying from India , few questio

Post by Agnieszka » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:42 pm

Okay

Thanks a lot

Agnieszka
Newly Registered

Post by Agnieszka » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:15 pm

Could you please confirm the right address for Sheffield to send supporting documents as I found few different ones...

Thanks a lot

Agnieszka
Newly Registered

Priority settlement application from India please advise

Post by Agnieszka » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:45 pm

Hello guys,

My Husband applied for priority service Settlement visa for Uk from India - Hyderabad, paid for this 450£ , he received confirmation on 21 February 2017 from Chennai embassy and that application will be shortly considered by ECO. Since then has been a while (definitely more than 15 days as he was advised in VAC centre) we made phone and online query and received confirmation that after checking GWF number application is in progress and that usually it takes 12-24 weeks for decision to be made,
It's been nearly 25 days and not sure if the application was actually taken as priority? Not sure if there is any way to check that and what can we do? Is that normal that priority also takes longer time ,Any advice please

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:59 pm

There are many members that have posted stating they have paid for priority service and waited many weeks/a couple of months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Agnieszka
Newly Registered

Post by Agnieszka » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:44 pm

I thought that may be the case... I guess we just have to wait then

Agnieszka
Newly Registered

settlement visa from India, phone interview

Post by Agnieszka » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:02 am

Husband has been contacted to have phone interview next week... I am so nervous And exited.

Agnieszka
Newly Registered

Applied for settlement visa - issued EEA family permit, help

Post by Agnieszka » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:01 am

Hi Guys,

My Husband applied for settlement visa From India, I am Polish citizen holding permanent residence card(nearly 7 years in the UK) Yesterday ECO interviewed my Husband over the phone, And cross checked with me. They rang him today saying they issuing him Family Permit as I am EU national (Which is valid I believe for 6 months) And not spouse visa , he said that I will be applying for Bristish citizenship Which I am doing Very soon.

Any advise please
What Shall we do? My Husband can only come for 6 months to the UK? What are our options for him to live with me in the UK permanently ,

Thank you

vinny

Re: English recruitment

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:25 am

CR001 wrote:Can you please refrain from starting a new topic with EVERY question you have on the same application. Keep ALL your questions in THIS single topic.

See also Multiple Posts (click)

A UK issued degree will be sufficient to meet English requirement on its own.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Agnieszka
Newly Registered

Post by Agnieszka » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:40 am

Yes I will keep all my questions in this topic, sorry

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:43 am

If not for the uncertainty of Brexit, then your husband applying under the EEA regulations would have clearly been the better option; provided that you did not become a British citizen prior to him automatically acquiring PR. He may apply for an inexpensive 5-year residence card in the UK and subsequently, an inexpensive document to certify PR after 5 years.

However, if he did make a very expensive settlement application under Appendix FM, then he should inform the ECO of this. If they grant the thirty three-month spouse visa, then he may apply for an expensive FLR(M) after spending at least thirty months in the UK. Subsequently, he may apply for an expensive SET(M), subject to KoLL, etc., no sooner than 28 days prior to his 5-year anniversary of his initial entry.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:45 am

Once you are granted British citizenship you will no longer be able to sponsor your spouse under EEA Regulations. :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Agnieszka
Newly Registered

Post by Agnieszka » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:55 pm

My husband has been granted EEA Family permit and he is coming to the UK to join me :) However we are unsure of our situation as of Brexit ... Once he is here he will apply for resident card. My plan is to apply for British Citizenship once he gets the resident card for five years, I still will hold EU Passport - Dual nationality. Can you please advice if he can be on the resident card status even after I hold the BC, or if not does he have to apply for any other visa ? please could you advice what will be the best possibility for us in this situation ?

Thank You very much for the help.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:25 pm

No one can confirm the status after Brexit. However, once you have been granted British citizenship you will no longer be able to sponsor your husband under the EEA Regulations (as they stand at present) unless he has been fortunate to have been granted PR.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Agnieszka
Newly Registered

Application for resident card, family member

Post by Agnieszka » Sun May 14, 2017 8:04 pm

I have a question regarding documents which I need to submit for my non EU husband (I am EU national holding PR card) and my husband was grandted 6 month family permit, now we are applying for 5 years UK residence card for him.

I will be submitting my permanent card to show that I am qualified person , do I still need to submit documents regarding my employment, finances etc or just PR card will be sufficient. This is not very clear in the application.

Could anyone advise please
Thank you